Consulting Manager - Outsourced Controller Services
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 150 Hours of college credit is required
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting experience is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred; Ability to sit for the CPA exam is required.
- Must have the capability to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be able to work within a diverse team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must have effective leadership skills.
- Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with software tools including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other software programs such as Adobe, along with technologies for scheduling, travel and expense reporting and timekeeping.
- Must have capacity to perform at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to Sage Intacct or similar financial management software applications, such as Restaurant 365, NetSuite, and QuickBooks.
- Evaluates client needs and assesses accounting function to recommend project approaches. Contributes to the proposal development process.
- Participates in engagement planning and budgeting and definition of content and deliverables while managing controls and risk.
- Manages and provides oversight on client’s day-to-day accounting function including, but not limited to, coordinating accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and, remitting appropriate payments to applicable taxing organizations.
- Manages month end closing process and prepares financial statements in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Research of technical accounting issues as appropriate; formulates resolution of issues identified through the research process.
- Manages special projects related to client accounting functions, including but not limited to, the following:
- Evaluates, recommends and implements appropriate improvements to the client’s internal accounting processes and internal controls to ensure that practices are in-line with the overall goals of the client and industry best practices.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with leadership to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Identifies client issues and manages day-to-day relationship
- Performs activities necessary to client engagements including, but not limited to, the following:
- Ensures appropriate levels of staffing on projects are maintained.
- Manages scheduling of internal and external activities
- Ensures projects come in at or under approved budget. Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the correlation between Client Accounting Services (CAS) and other P&N service offerings (e.g., tax, audit, and consulting services such as human resources, IT systems implementation, valuation, etc.) in order to develop multi-focused solutions for our clients.
- Directs engagements and special assignments, supervising multiple engagements simultaneously and ensures assignments are accomplished by the budgeted time.
- Delivers client services including, but not limited to: onsite and remote consultation, performance of activities unique to each engagement; development and implementation of deliverables; development and delivery of training and workshop materials; maintenance of client project timelines; monthly maintenance of project budgets; and monthly client billing activities.
- Interacts regularly with other consulting service line leaders and team members, builds and maintains relationships among other service lines and P&N locations.
- Works closely with management to lead and participate in practice development activities.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success, as needed.
- Reviews reports, statements and returns upon completion.
- Informs engagement Associate or Director of the status and other pertinent aspects of the engagement.
- Recommends new approaches, resource tools, deliverables, policies, and procedures to impact continual improvements in departmental efficiencies and services performed.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Provides direction, training, guidance and oversight to department Staff and Senior consultants. Reviews performance and provides coaching and addresses employee issues and concerns.
- Identifies, plans and supervises the professional and technical development of the staff through training venues and options.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention within the CAS and Consulting team.
- Maintains required CPE hours for firm and licensing standards.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary