Associate Director IT Audit
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
Associate Director - IT Audit, as a strategic partner this position leads IT risk advisory related engagements such as conducting risk assessments, examining technology systems, analyzing the effectiveness of IT controls, and developing recommendations for improving security design. Assists clients with understanding compliance with policies, government regulations, and implementation of IT risk management plans. Provides project oversight and is responsible for researching complex technical issues while proactively pursuing, maintaining client relationships, and supporting business development.
What's Required (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Internal Audit or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- An IT Security Certification, such as CISA, CISSP, CIPM, CDPSE, or other related professional credential is required.
- 10+ years of direct experience in IT Audit, preferably in consulting/ professional services is required
- 5+ years in a management or supervisor role is required.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders (Legal, IT, Audit, Compliance, etc.) is required.
- Experience in business development is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of core information technology processes and controls, current trends in corporate information technology and emerging themes in the market place.
- Advanced knowledge of commonly used internal control frameworks, audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables, including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Knowledge of Data Management practices and operationalizing Privacy by Design.
- Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, LGPD, ePrivacy, and related international privacy laws.
- Ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment, meeting deadlines and interacting with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills in business and technical environments.
- May be required to work extended hours during the work week and weekends, as needed.
- May be required to travel and work from different company and client locations.
What You'll Do (Main Responsibilities):
- Leads, directs and manages projects and multi-disciplinary tasks within scope of program or project.
- Develops strong working relationships and fosters effective communications with client, audited units, including IT and business areas, and internal audit management teams.
- Enables translation of legal requirements into procedures & action plans that are consistent with client needs.
- Proposes new audit techniques and procedures to improve effectiveness/efficiency of audits.
- Manages the team through all phases of a program including strategic planning, work planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout consistent with established program delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other contract requirements.
- Ensures that the scope of work is completed to the satisfaction of the client and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Supports business development activities including client relationship development, program-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation, presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
- Builds and maintains a growth pipeline, gather referrals, and maintain extensive knowledge on the firm’s service lines and offerings, as well as market conditions and penetration of services and solutions.
- Serves as one of the Firm’s prime contacts with the client.
- Provides leadership and facilitates technical and management collaboration amongst project team members and the client.
- Facilitates collaboration with external agencies, if required, and other stakeholders as needed to enable successful development and implementation of complex project workflow and processes.
- Ensures compliance with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and keeps current on compliance-related areas.
- Prepares deliverables/reports for review by the Director that include any noted issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of projects activities.
- Estimates resources required for engagements and ensures all are prioritized effectively and delivered on time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Associate
- Pay Type Salary