Consulting Manager Software Development
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Computer Science or related major.
- 4+ years of relevant experience may substitute education requirement.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer required.
- 3+ years related experience in management of software development projects including delegation and review processes.
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team/supervisory experience may be required.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and project management skills.
- Experience working with object oriented programming languages (Preferably C# & ASP.NET) is preferred.
- Experience working with database query languages (Preferably MS SQL Server) is preferred.
- Experience with design concepts and libraries such as MVC and Entity Framework is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in business and technical environments and within a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Able to perform effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Technically proficient to perform at an advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Software Development Suite of products, Microsoft Office Suite of products, and other relevant technical applications.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work extended hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed.
- Manages all phases of a project with director and team including work planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout consistent with established program delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other contract requirements. Delegates and organizes work based on skillset.
- Ensures that the scope of work is completed to the satisfaction of the client and key stakeholders, ensuring that quality, budgetary, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Performs development, testing, debugging, and enhancements of applications based on client requirements.
- Produces database tier items such as reports, manages server for application deployments, works with production data sets & systems, and oversees security for relevant applications and data.
- Provides ongoing support to existing clients, program-specific positioning activities, team arrangements, proposal preparation, creation of mock-ups, software demonstrations, guided user walkthroughs, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
- Communicates and works with the team and client on a variety of issues potentially including progress and status, scope, schedule and budget as well as timely progress of deliverables, client reviews, technical input, and comment resolution.
- Keeps director informed of progress to ensure collaboration with external agencies, if required, and other stakeholders as needed to enable successful development and implementation of complex project workflow and processes.
- Creates, maintains and implements the source code that makes up developed applications or programs ensuring compliance of documentation and coding practices with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and keeps current on compliance-related areas.
- Prepares deliverables/reports for review by the director that include any noted issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of projects activities.
- Estimates effort and resources required for responsibilities (such as creating requirements, development quotas, and best practice recommendations) and ensures all are prioritized effectively and delivered on time.
- Collaborates with director, team and internal stakeholders on new technologies, internal projects, and development & integration tasks involving server & cloud software tools (Intacct, Microsoft Azure, JIRA, Confulence, etc.), or other relevant technology information.
- May assist co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary