Audit & Assurance Staff
The P&N Assurance team provides quality services related to financial statement audits, reviews, & compilations for a variety of clients and industries. As an Audit & Assurance Staff you will perform supervised tasks in the technical areas of client engagements and contribute to maintaining valuable client relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or another field is required.
- Must be eligible to obtain the CPA certification (Bachelor’s degree, 150 hours of completed coursework* and the required accounting classes. *Applicants that have 9 credit hours or less remaining to achieving CPA eligibility may also be considered, as long as they are on track to receive those credits within 6 months of their full-time start date.
- Experience in an accounting based internship or other activity is preferred.
- Highly organized and capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment.
- Have appropriate technical knowledge, critical and independent thinking skills, a desire to learn, and self-disciplined.
- Technically proficient to perform at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word) or similar software applications.
- May be required to work extended hours during the workweek or on weekends as needed.
- May periodically travel and work from different company and client locations.
- Plans and performs financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations.
- Participates on assigned engagements: conduct audit tests of control and compliance and on accounts such as cash, accounts payable, and fixed assets to verify fair representation of client financial statements, identify issues and propose appropriate solutions, perform research on technical issues, maintain the ability to apply GAAP and GAAS consistently, and perform self-review of work product.
- Maintains a continuing base knowledge of accounting, audit, and tax requirements.
- Completes assigned engagements/tasks in an efficient and timely manner as defined by budget and specific engagement expectations.
- Coordinates with the audit team lead on all phases of the engagement, including communications with the client, scheduling, and assignments.
- Assists engagement leaders in making professional decisions related to engagements including the assessment of engagement risks, determining which procedures to perform to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluating supporting evidence with professional skepticism.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
- Job Family Staff
- Pay Type Salary