Child Watch Staff
Richmond County Family YMCA, 45 George Brown Lane, Warsaw, Virginia, United States of America Req #1692
Monday, January 16, 2023
Imagine being part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world—a place where your work positively influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
Under the supervision of the designated supervisor, and in harmony with the mission and purpose of the established policies and goals of the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas, the Child Watch Staff shall be responsible for providing a safe, caring environment for the Child Watch participants. With an emphasis on ensuring the highest quality service to members and guests, the Child Watch Staff will work with all staff to welcome, connect, support, and engage all members, guests, and staff.
1. Minimum of 16 years of age.
2. Experience working with children in a supervised setting preferred.
3. Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/O2 required within 60 days of hire.
4. Complete and maintain required trainings to include but not limited to: New Employee Orientation (NEO), Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention (CAP), and Sexual Harassment upon hire and annually thereafter.
5. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and Child Protective Services check.
1. Support the mission, vision and goals of the YMCA.
2. Promote a professional work environment through character development by modeling the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
3. Lead in a manner that advances our cause to strengthen the foundations of community through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
4. Assist with preparing daily activities for Child Watch participants.
5. Supervise play of children/teens while parent(s) attend “Y” class or program.
6. Maintain a positive and respectful manner of communication with parents.
7. Act as an ambassador of the YMCA in behavior and relationships.
8. Follow mandated abuse reporting requirements.
9. Promote and participate in YMCA fundraising efforts to include Annual Support and United Way Campaigns.
10. Act as a leader in emergency situations. Report any accidents or incidents according to Emergency Communication Action Plan.
11. Ensure all members, guests, and program participants are in a safe environment and actively follow center Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).
12. Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
13. Wear staff uniform and name tag, or professional attire when appropriate.
14. Follow department Association Standards.
15. Carry out other related duties as deemed necessary by the Youth and Family Services Department to ensure an excellent member experience.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Engaging Community, Communication & Influence, Inclusion, Collaboration, Functional Expertise
Skills and Ability Requirements:
1. Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
2. Ability to communicate and work with assigned ages and skill levels and provide necessary instruction to participants.
3. Ability to observe participants, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
4. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to assigned activities.
5. Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergencies and those situations requiring first aid.
Excellent benefits, including 12% retirement upon meeting the requirements of the National YMCA Retirement Fund. Includes YMCA Adult Membership.
- Job Family Child Watch
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $12.00
This posting is inactive.
- Richmond County Family YMCA, 45 George Brown Lane, Warsaw, Virginia, United States of America