The Production Editor will edit and proofread academic content for house style; tone; grammatical correctness; diversity, equity, and inclusion; clarity; factual accuracy; and appropriate reading level. This position is responsible for meeting deadlines and managing time and priorities efficiently. This position reports to the Senior Managing Editor in Learning Design.
Essential Job Functions:
- Edit content as required to adhere to style and branding guidelines and recommend improvements.
- Create and provide regular reports on the assigned workflow.
- Manage deadlines and priorities to ensure projects are completed on schedule.
- Check new and revised content against both program- and course-level outcomes, objectives, and assessments. Check that all assessments are tied to course objectives and test to appropriate levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Check content for grammatical correctness, punctuation and spelling errors, style guide issues, and clarity, and readability to ensure positive student experience.
- Check content to ensure it is accessible, equitable, and inclusive.
- Fact-check content for accuracy and query Senior Content Manager, author, or instructor when content does not seem to be factual.
- Check content for adherence to appropriate reading level and spot-check reading levels as necessary.
- Adhere to style guide and guidelines set forth by company, accrediting bodies, and other sources.
- Use expected learning outcomes and objectives to ensure assessments are effective.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Previous editing or proofreading experience is required. Instructional Design experience and assessment writing experience is a plus. Previous experience with accessible digital experiences and materials is also a plus.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office and HTML is a plus.
- Certificates & Licenses: None
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, production-based environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Must have a love for creating great products.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.
- Pay Type Salary