Dutch Wonderland - Food & Beverage Manager
Food & Beverage Manager
The Food and Beverage Manager manages all aspects of operations for a variety of food outlets and catering activities in compliance with all applicable standards for food preparation, service and safety while ensuring guest satisfaction. This year-round, full-time position requires open schedule availability during peak season, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Reporting to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an independent contributor to the overall success of the park.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and supervise employees in the Food and Beverage Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; staff planning, scheduling, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance with all company policies and applicable laws/regulations
· Manage and control all financial aspects of the department while maximizing revenue and cost-savings opportunities. Prepare necessary reports, develop and reconcile budgets, analyze productivity, equipment and supply costs, etc. Oversee all aspects of kitchen management including cost of sales, inventory control, purchasing, receiving and pricing. Effectively manage waste/spoilage
- Develop and implement programs to increase sales and profits. Direct catering program, support special events and other group sales initiatives.
· Maintain facilities in compliance with local, state and federal codes and regulations, including OSHA, EPA and other pertinent and applicable regulatory bodies. Partner with County Health Department to ensure compliance with State and County Health codes. Ensure intense focus on food quality, standards, sanitation and safety, maintaining restaurant and kitchen environments at inspection readiness at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree and 3-5 years of food and beverage experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity. Equivalent work experience will be considered. Theme park background preferred.
- Outstanding communications, customer service, organizational and problem –solving skills with ability to address multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen, familiarity with financial analysis tools and techniques, and proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and related software programs. Familiarity with cash register systems is extremely helpful
- Experience leading, developing and retaining a large team engaged in a wide range of tasks and activities to support the food and beverage department
• Physical stamina required to work indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures ranging from very cool to high heat and humidity. Position requires significant mobility and ability to bend, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Job Family RETAIL/GAMES
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Lancaster, PA, USA, 2249 Lincoln Hwy East, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States of America