Fresh Food & Quality Control Packager
TITLE: Fresh Food & Quality Control Packager DEPARTMENT: Central Kitchen
STATUS: FT/PT, Union, Hourly REPORTS TO: Production Shift Manager
JOB SUMMARY: To ensure the highest level of service possible to Outpost’s internal and external customers. To portion, package and label fresh food for distribution while ensuring quality control and adhering to sanitation and production standards.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced production kitchen. Regular work near moving mechanical parts (i.e. mixers, oven, etc.) and in cold/hot working conditions (i.e. cooler or near stove). Ability to work in moderate and loud noise environments including, but not limited to: paging, human voices, and machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Customer Service
- Treat people fairly, consistently, and with respect.
- Ensure efficient, informative, and friendly service according to established customer service vision and standards.
2. Central Kitchen-First shift Prepack Production Department Responsibilities
- Record temperature of product in daily Monitoring Record or place in blast chiller for further cooling if temperature is outside of HACCP parameters.
- Perform quality control check on product by reviewing ingredients, texture, and appearance.
- Portion and package food quickly and neatly into designated containers, adding garnishing where required.
- Label all packaged products.
- Review scale label for all products containing seafood to meet CCP for Seafood HACCP plan.
- Determine net total product weight for each store and wholesale customer and make adjustments to align packaged quantity with ordered quantity. Record on shipper paperwork.
- Follow all hygiene and sanitation procedures.
- Follow proper procedures in cleaning department areas and equipment.
- Follow safety guidelines for lifting, knife handling, equipment operation, etc.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Perform all duties included in Central Kitchen Clerk job description.
3. All Staff Duties
- Abide by all Co-op policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and other company documents.
- Keep work area/store orderly and clean.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Department Manager or supervisory staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Basic math skills
- Basic knife skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands and work under strict time pressures
- Ability to follow through on systems and procedures
- Willingness to be open, to learn, and take on new responsibilities
· Demonstrate objectivity, neutrality and calmness under pressure
- Regular, predictable attendance
· Effective communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Standing, walking, bending, reaching, lifting
- Using hands or fingers to handle or feel
- Specific vision ability: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and adjust focus
- Ability to climb up and down step stools
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Intermittent use of sharp cutting instruments
- Ability to taste and smell
- Ability to work in a cold environment
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that the employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or a work environment change.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bay View, Milwaukee, WI 53207, USA