Café Shift Lead (Day Shifts)
TITLE: Café Journeyperson DEPARTMENT: Café
STATUS: FT/PT, Journeyperson, Union, Hourly REPORTS TO: Café Manager
JOB SUMMARY: To ensure the highest level of service possible to Outpost’s internal and external customers. Order product to maintain a fully stocked department. Ensure a well maintained, clean and efficient café department.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced retail floor and cafe. Work near moving mechanical parts (i.e. coffee/juice machines, slicer) and in cold/hot climate conditions (i.e. cooler or near stove). Ability to work in moderate and loud noise environments including, but not limited to: computers, paging, telephones, human voices, and machinery. Position requires working during busy retail times, which include weekends, afternoons, and evenings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Customer Service
- Treat people fairly, consistently, and with respect.
- Ensure efficient, informative, and friendly service according to established customer service vision and standards.
2. Café Department Responsibilities
- Ensure customers are all greeted and assisted in timely manner.
- Expedite customer orders with kitchen.
- Ensure customers receive their orders in a timely manner and have what they need to enjoy their dining experience.
- Handle customer questions and complaints.
- Check out customer’s purchases quickly and accurately, using correct prices, codes and departments.
- Provide samples and information of the products sold in the department.
- Follow sanitary guidelines with regards to food handling, serving, and storing.
- Maintain department displays, cases and work areas.
- Ensure all prepared foods display areas are properly fronted and faced.
- Ensure proper shelf tags and sale signs are on products and displays.
- Request signs from pricing as needed.
- Ensure department and seating areas are kept neat, clean, and stocked.
- Follow proper procedures in opening, closing, and maintaining all café areas including: juice bar, cold case, hot case, salad bar, sandwich bar, bakery case, and seating areas.
- Order product from vendors and commissary to ensure department if fully stocked, while keeping inventory to a minimum.
- Receive and stock orders. Check condition of product and invoice accuracy for all deliveries. Ensure correct product rotation.
- Assist in inventory control including: accurate recording of losses, markdowns, and transfers.
- Maintain a clean and organized backstock area remembering to rotate.
- Advise café manager of equipment repair/replacement needs.
- Backup café kitchen staff when needed.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Perform all duties included in department clerk job descriptions.
- Delegate duties to café staff and ensure they are always busy.
- Positively encourage department staff to excel at their job.
- Replace vacant shifts when call ins, etc. occur. Notify manager of these occurrences.
- Assist in training department staff.
- Assist café staff in following department standard operating procedures.
3. All Staff Duties
- Abide by all Co-op policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and other company documents.
- Keep store orderly and clean.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by department manager or supervisory staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience in food service and/or restaurant environments
· Ability to appropriately delegate work duties and motivate staff
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands, work under time pressures, and meet deadlines
- Willingness to be open, to learn, and take on new responsibilities
· Demonstrate objectivity, neutrality and calmness under pressure
- Regular, predictable attendance
· Effective communication skills in English
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions
· Ability to follow through on systems, procedures and policies
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing conditions quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Standing, walking, bending, reaching; use hands or fingers to handle or feel
- Specific vision ability: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and adjust focus
- Regular use of sharp cutting instruments
- Ability to taste and smell
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that the employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or a work environment change.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mequon, WI, USA