Hot Line Cook
TITLE: Commissary/Hotline DEPARTMENT: Commissary
STATUS: PT/FT, Union, Hourly REPORTS TO: Commissary Manager
JOB SUMMARY: To ensure the highest level of service possible to Outpost’s internal and external customers. To produce the highest quality of healthy, tasteful, and natural products while adhering to sanitation and production standards.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced production kitchen. Regular work near moving mechanical parts (i.e. mixers, oven, etc.) and in cold/hot working conditions (i.e. cooler or near stove). Ability to work in moderate and loud noise environments including, but not limited to: paging, human voices, and machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Customer Service
- Treat people fairly, consistently, and with respect.
- Ensure efficient, informative, and friendly service according to established customer service vision and standards.
2. Commissary Department Responsibilities
- Perform advanced culinary procedures and extensive cooking on a hot line.
- Complete tasks as assigned on the daily production schedule.
- Practice established safety and sanitation procedures for food handling and preparation.
- Follow all recipes accurately and in accordance with established production guidelines.
- Complete all assigned production tasks in a timely manner.
- Keep workspace neat and sanitary. Follow proper procedures in cleaning commissary at end of shift.
- Follow established storage and labeling procedures.
- Follow safety guidelines in regards to lifting, knife handling, equipment operation, etc.
- Handle customer questions and complaints.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Perform all duties included in commissary clerk, production/prep, and garde-manger job descriptions.
3. All Staff Duties
- Abide by all Co-op policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and other company documents.
- Keep store orderly and clean.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by department manager or supervisory staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Minimum of 2 years food service production experience including making sauces and cooking meat
- High level knife skills
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to sanitation and production guidelines
- Proficiency in math
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands and work under time pressures
- Ability to follow through on systems, procedures, and policies
- Willingness to be open, to learn, and take on new responsibilities
· Demonstrate objectivity, neutrality and calmness under pressure
- Regular, predictable attendance
· Effective communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing conditions quickly
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Standing, walking, bending, reaching
- Using hands or fingers to handle or feel
- Specific vision ability: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and adjust focus
- Ability to climb up and down step stools
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Regular use of sharp cutting instruments
- Ability to taste and smell
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that the employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or a work environment change.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bay View, Milwaukee, WI 53207, USA