Mortgage Loan Processor
Orion FCU is seeking an experienced Mortgage Loan Processor. This individual will be responsible for originating home purchase, home refinance and home improvement mortgage loans.
Forbes recently named Orion as one of America’s Best-In-State Credit Unions 2020! Orion has also been voted the Best Local Bank or Credit Union six years in a row by Memphis Flyer readers in the communities we serve.
If you have a passion for innovation and customer service that drives results, fitting to Orion's progressive and award winning culture, we want you on our team!
Full-time Employee Benefits Include:
Competitive compensation packages
Quarterly bonuses and employee incentive programs
Paid time off starting at 14 days per year & your birthday
Paid Federal Reserve holidays (11 per year)
401(k) with immediate, fully vested 8% employer contribution
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance premiums as low as $24.58 bi-weekly
Wellness Program with rewards and premium discounts
Health Savings Accounts with employer contributions
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employer-paid short-term disability insurance
Employer-paid long-term disability insurance
Employer-paid life insurance and AD&D
Employer-paid short-term disability insurance
Employee Assistance Program
1% discount on most consumer loans
Ongoing training programs
Career development counseling and mentoring programs
Responsible for preparing and processing all documents necessary for closing loans in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures. Mails loan paperwork, disburses loans and coordinates closings with necessary personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Process conventional and portfolio mortgage loans as well as Home Equity Lines of Credit and Second Mortgages to verify all documents and/or conditions are in the loan packet.
2. Review information to ensure completeness, accuracy and adherence to company policies and underwriter requirements. Documents reviewed/verified include income, employment, deposit, credit, appraisal, applications, debt ratios, interest rates, notes, security agreements, insurance documents, title documents, proper approvals, payments and disclosure items.
3. Gather background information on loan applicants, research discrepancies, communicate with members and loan officers to obtain missing or update documentation.
4. Consult with management to resolve issues on loans not meeting established guidelines.
5. Coordinate loan closing with members, loan officers and third parties. Contact members upon loan origination confirming loan terms and conditions, mails form letters and loan forms.
6. Enter information into mortgage loan operating system. Review data input to ensure all databases are properly updated. Audits the daily exception report to assume all exceptions are documented.
7. Ensure any necessary and critical changes which require re-disclosure have been accurately notated and checked in the loan origination system for compliance purposes.
8. Prioritize workflow in accordance with company’s timeline expectations and adhere to all loan underwriting/processing policies and procedures.
9. Disburse all loan funding, close loans accurately and timely.
10. All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school graduate or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Four years lending experience with two years in indirect or residential first mortgage processing strongly preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Understanding of loan products and services. Knowledge of residential mortgage lending processing, related requirements, procedures and operations is essential. Knowledge of GAP, ACH, GL’s.
- Advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns and calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Advanced product knowledge of Conventional Mortgage loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit and Second Mortgages.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State guidelines, rules and regulations such as RESPA, TILA, HMDA, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage as assigned pipeline in order to meet closing expectations.
- Excellent organizational skills, typing ability, and proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Business professional office environment
Orion FCU is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or any other federal or state protected class. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact us to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 400 Monroe Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, USA