Lead Data Engineer - Information Systems
The Lead Data Engineer will work at the intersection of analytics, software engineering, and data warehousing and will be responsible for building the foundational data platform critical to the success of business intelligence and analytics for Orion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Designs best practices for data processing, data modeling and warehouse development throughout our team and group.
2. Finds opportunities to improve current practices, identifies repeatable solutions to underlying problems.
3. Builds the core platform and frameworks for large-scale batch, ETL and real-time data pipelines using cloud and on-premises data technologies, such as RDBMS, Graph Databases, Python, Spark, PySpark, and Apache Kafka, using internal and external data sources.
4. Works closely with business & technology owners, product managers, data champions and cross-functional teams to support data & analytical needs and enable data-as-a-service platforms & APIs.
5. Uses infrastructure as code to build applications to programmatically orchestrate and monitor the data pipelines, create and manage on-demand compute resources in the cloud.
6. Works with Machine Learning and Data Science teams to develop new features and business insights.
7. Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related subject. Advanced degree preferred.
AWS certification highly desired.
Knowledge of cloud-based environments, preferably AWS.
Proficiency with programming in a data engineering context and source control using Git.
Proficiency with SQL and RDBMS.
Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation. Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Datadog, etc.
Proficient on concepts related to data warehousing, database modelling, data quality and machine learning.
Five (5) or more years of overall experience in data-focused roles including creating data pipelines as well as creating cloud-based data solutions.
Experience in SDLC Processes, CI / CD and Agile Methodologies.
Experience in Java, Python, and other programming languages.
Experience writing and documenting ReST-based APIs.
Experience in using cloud configuration solutions, such as Terraform
Self-directed learner with strong communication, analytical, problem-solving skills.
Ability to drive consistent and repeatable results.
Orion FCU is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or any other federal or state protected class. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact us to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 400 Monroe Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, USA