OMNIA Partners has become the largest and most experienced purchasing organization for public and private sector markets by delivering unparalleled scale and solutions. Through further organic growth and strategic acquisitions, OMNIA Partners will continue to drive economies of scale to execute more contracts, in more verticals, with transparent, value-driven pricing for our membership of companies. Our success and growth have been unparalleled in this space.
At the core of our success is a high energy, talented staff with diverse skills and a unified focus on delivering value and an emphasis on creativity, strategic thinking, and execution
The contract management activities are fundamental to OMNIA Partners. The private sector serves over 35 different industries with members across the U.S that includes 200+ contracts and growing. Our success is dependent on the value of the agreements in the portfolio as measured by related purchases by Members of OMNIA Partners. Developing a broad portfolio of agreements and focusing on the value to the participating agencies and/or private sector members for each of these are the primary goals of the Contract Manager.
Overall Role Description:
The Contract Manager is responsible for defined categories of contracts. Given the diverse nature of the categories, the success of the position requires the Contract Manager to proactively research designated categories to have a working, but not necessarily expert, knowledge of the categories. The Contract Manager is responsible for developing a working knowledge of market trends, scope, suppliers and developing sourcing strategy.
For the private sector, the Contract Manager has an integral role working with Members and other OMNIA departments, based on the category research, develop RFPs, and negotiate contract terms/conditions/pricing resulting in executed contracts made available to OMNIA’s membership. This includes market research, leading member committees, review and analysis of supplier responses to RFPs, negotiations, financial analysis and contract administration tasks such as contract reviews, renewals, amendments, etc.
The successful candidate will possess an ability to manage and lead category sourcing initiatives and multi-task strategic plans for multiple categories and internal teams. The Contract Manager must be able to anticipate project needs, meet deadlines, and manage direction from multiple managers and internal stakeholders. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional who can work in a team setting, but also can work independently.
- Developing and managing effective solicitations resulting in contracts that are valuable to the contract portfolio as measured by contract sales.
- Facilitate contract administration and resolution to contractual matters.
- Maintain complete and organized contract documentation with all necessary solicitation and contract documentation.
- Establish and maintain member and supplier relationships to achieve desired goals serving as the point of contact for contractual matters.
- A close working relationship with internal teams is necessary to ensure the contract portfolio delivers recognized value to all parties and contract information is presented for use by internal teams (and participating agencies).
- Travel is expected to be short duration trips and varies by month. Most travel will be conducted during the workweek versus weekends; however, some weekend business travel may be required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Training/Skills/Experience: (Minimum relevant work experience for successful job performance.)
- Contracting experience as a buyer or contract officer required. 3-5 years’ experience is preferred.
- Direct experience in facilitating best-value request for proposal process, including supplier discussions and contract negotiation is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and general communications skills are required.
- Attention to detail is required with the ability to creatively solve strategic issues often requiring flexibility in processes.
- Financial analysis skills and ability to compile and analyze data, organize and write reports is preferred.
- Strong computer skills are required and include proficiency in Smartsheet and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have strong interpersonal and social skills to develop long-term business relationships with suppliers, members and internal teams.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
OMNIA Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Franklin, TN, USA