Behavior Analyst - Education Division
The Education Division Behavior Analyst is responsible for oversight in the development of functional behavioral assessments and function based Behavior Intervention Plans. This position is also responsible for the oversight and implementation of student support plans. Supervisory responsibilities include the oversight of the ITP Behavior Support Assistants. Including clinical supervision for those looking to retain or obtain RBT or BCBA certification. Consultation responsibilities include providing support to the School Age Behavior Team at Baker Hall & Baker Academy as well as Early Education Behavior Technicians.
Essential Job Duties:
- Data driven behavioral consultations with behavior teams from ITP, Baker Hall, Baker Academy and Early Education.
- Monitoring the successful completion of behavior assessments.
- Create and communicate behavioral reports within the Education Division.
- Measure progress and implementation fidelity for interim behavior protocols (IBPs), and behavior intervention plans (BIPs).
- Train staff while providing consultation across programs in best practices in Behavior Analysis.
- Direct supervision of the ITP Behavior Support Assistants.
- Conduct all interactions within current best practices, evidence based techniques and ethical guidelines.
- Have knowledge of and follow NYSED behavioral intervention regulations.
- Ability to provide supervision for RBT, BCaBA, or BCBA.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Natural ability to connect with children and others
- Natural ability to observe and provide feedback to team members.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs specifically excel and google sheets.
Communication: Oral and written
Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations
Problem Solving: Takes a systematic approach to solving problems rather than reacting to symptoms
Attention to detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
Adaptability: Job requires being open to change (positive and negative) and considerable variety in the workplace
Master’s Degree in Special Education
OR School Psychology
OR Mental Health
Minimum Experience Required:
3-5 years in the development/implementation of behavioral support plans with the developmentally disabled/mental health population using Applied Behavior Analysis methodology.
3-5 years of supervisory experience
Required License/Registration/ Certification:
Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Complete 8-hour supervisor coursework to provide supervision for RBT, BCaBA, or BCBA, the BCBA
Certification within 6 months of hire in at least one of agency curriculum:
- Risking Connections
New Hire Orientation
All Trainings required by programs in which you service individuals
Continuing education as per NYS Office of Professions guidelines of License or Certification
- The constant physical demand of the position is sitting.
- The frequent physical demands of the position are standing, walking, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
- The occasional physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 125 Martin Rd, Buffalo, NY 14218, USA