Responsible to: Employment & Training Program Coordinator; Director of Vocational Services
The Employment & Training Program Vocational Trainer/ Case Manager will work directly with eligible Erie County job seekers in our Employment and Training Program. The ideal candidate will have experience with supporting job seekers with barriers to employment in identifying realistic vocational goals, developing plans to meet their goals, and developing strategies for overcoming vocational barriers in both individual and group settings. This candidate will value collaboration, strength-based goal planning and creative engagement strategies. A trauma informed approach to Case Management, professional networking, job development and workplace supports will be a significant aspect of this position.
This position starts at an hourly rate of $15.60/per hour USD, or higher depending on years of qualified experience.
Essential Job Duties:
– Provide Vocational Case Management to eligible Erie County job seekers; this includes outreach, engagement planning and support with reducing barriers to employment.
– Support participants in developing plan for engagement in available services.
– Support participants in preparing for, obtaining and maintaining employment; this includes arranging work experiences to increase employability, soft-skills development and support within employment setting.
– Develop and maintain working knowledge of current job market, educational resources, community resources and public transportation; use this knowledge to enhance program offerings.
– Form and maintain relationships with participants, community employers, and partners.
– Develop, plan, and facilitate job readiness and other vocational workshops.
– Model professional work skills, including care of equipment, materials and property.
– Keep storage, vehicles, and work areas clean and orderly.
– Possess written communication skills for documentation, including evaluations, progress toward individual goals, observations and interactions
– Complies with all federal and state regulations and agency policies pertaining to HIPAA, false claims, whistleblower policies, and all others.
– Professionally represent our OLV Human Services in our community consistent with agency Values.
– Any other related task as assigned by Program Director/ Program Coordinator.
- Teamwork: Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently; Provide services to eligible individuals as part of a team
- Consistency and Reliability: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Active Listening: Provide services in a person-centered manner; demonstrate professional empathy and patience.
- Advocacy Skills: Empower individuals to make informed choices about employment
- Adaptability/ Creative approach to problem-solving: Ability to navigate the internet and basic computer operations; Organizational and time management skills.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma/ Equivalent
Minimum Experience Required:
1 + Experience in human services, training, advocacy, education, or leadership is preferred.
License/Registration/ Certifications Required:
Valid NYS Driver’s License
- New Hire Orientation
- Funding-source related trainings (assigned by direct supervisor)
- The constant physical demand of the position is sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, good vision.
- The frequent physical demands of the position are, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
- The occasional physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, climbing, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, March 20, 2023
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA