Nurse (RN) Full Time OMH/OCFS
150 Martin Rd, Buffalo, NY 14218, USA
Friday, March 10, 2023
$5,000 sign on bonus
Salary Range: Based on years of relevant RN experience ($31/hour to $37/hour)
The Registered Nurse is an integral part of the treatment team who provides health care services for individuals in their care, ensuring that all overall health and safety needs are met. This position works under NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) and Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS) regulations.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Conduct medical assessment of individuals.
2. Decide interventions following the nursing process.
3. Provide education on medical issues and concerns to individuals, their families and employees as indicated on their plan of care and diagnosis.
4. Monitor the medical states of the individuals of their care and adjust as appropriate
5. Perform any other duties listed on the daily/weekly/monthly/semi-annually/annually site specific responsibility checklist.
• Customer skills
• Computer skills
• Monitoring /Assessment skills
• Communication: Oral and written
• Decision-making ability: The aptitude to extract, interpret, integrate and manage information correctly and make timely and concise decisions for the best course of action, among multiple alternatives, to enable the decision-making process to take place on a higher level in order to achieve objectives.
• Problem solving: Takes a systematic approach to solving problems rather than reacting to symptoms
• Teamwork ability: Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job
• Attention to detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
Education: Minimum Degree Required: AAS /BSN Degree from an accredited Nursing school
Experience: Minimum Experience Required: None
Required License/Registration/ Certification:
- NYS RN Licensure
- NYS Driving License
The following physical requirements must be evaluated by a physician prior to entry into a Nursing program. Upon admission to the Nursing program, you will be required at that time to have a physical and have a doctor complete our required form, as to your abilities with regards to these physical requirements.
•Strength: Sufficient to assist with lifting and transferring a patient, and perform CPR
•Mobility: Sufficient mobility to bend, stoop, and bend down to the floor; ability to move around rapidly; and to move in small, confined areas.
•Hearing: Sufficient to hear through the stethoscope to discriminate sounds; to hear cries for help; to hear alarms on equipment and emergency signals; and various overhead pages.
•Vision: Sufficient to make physical assessments of patients and equipment.
•Communication: Able to communicate in both verbal and written formats; and interact with clients, staff, and faculty supervisors.
Min Hiring Rate