Education Aide - School Age Education
• Baker Academy- Behavioral Services Supervisor
• Baker Hall- Behavioral Support Coordinator
The Education Aide provides academic support and services to pediatrics, adolescents, and adults adjusting for the effects of age, culture, background, experience and developmental status. As a support of academic, behavioral and life skills this employee directly supervises students in areas of educational programming and activities.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Supervise students at all times.
2. Assist students with their academic work and their daily school routine.
3. Interact with students in ways that are therapeutic, respectful and trauma sensitive.
4. Utilizes preventative and de-escalation techniques that are consistent with Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
5. Assist teacher as requested and actively engage with students in the classroom.
6. Assist students with morning/evening transportation between the cottages and school via agency bus.
7. Teaches students living skills such as decision making, personal control, interpersonal communication and problem solving, dressing, grooming and eating.
8. Instructs and monitors to ensure that the daily routine, structure and habilitative programming is maintained and all related standards are met.
9. Supervises and assists in transporting students as required.
10. Manages a clean and safe work environment.
11. Assists in the planning and implementation of the treatment plan.
12. Completes all required school and agency paperwork in timely manner and within policy expectations (i.e. IR’s, school logs, attendance, lunch forms, daily behavioral data, etc.)
13. Perform any other duties listed on the program specific responsibility checklist assigned by the supervisor.
14. Assist students with maintaining & succeeding with individual behavior plans.
15. Any other duty as requested by your supervisor.
• Computer skills
• Customer skills
Competencies Template: Service Workers
Minimum Education Required:
High School Diploma/GED
No experience required, but would prefer some experience in the mental health field
Required License/Registration/ Certification: None
– New Hire Orientation
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions
• The frequent physical demands of the position are standing, walking, sitting, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
• The occasional physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.75
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 777 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA