High Fidelity Wrap Around Caseworker - Part Time
Wraparound is an evidence-informed team-based planning process intended to provide coordinated, comprehensive, holistic, youth and family-driven care to meet the needs of children, youth, and families who have multiple systems involvement and who experience serious mental or behavioral health challenges.
Wraparound uses a team approach and follows a series of steps to help youth and their families meet their needs. It brings together the family, their natural supports and community-based service providers to create and implement a plan that supports the youth and family to achieve their vision for the future. This process focuses on strengths and supports more youth to grow up and thrive in their homes and communities.
Wraparound Caseworkers are responsible for forming and maintaining strong partnerships with families on their caseload for the purpose of support as they work toward their individual goals.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Form and maintain relationships with participants, their families and support systems, schools, community employers and partners.
2. Work one-on-one with participants to promote the development and growth of soft skills and independent living skills.
3. Work with participants to teach independent living skills related to work, school, and family.
4. Provide Respite on an emergency or planned basis, which temporarily relieves the family of the care taking role or provides temporary time away for youth/siblings.
5. Provide hands-on support to the caregivers of the family as per goals agreed upon during the Child Family Team meeting.
6. Support, teach, guide, model, coach and provide functional skill training to the identified youth and family members as per goals agreed upon by the Child Family Team.
7. Identify and connect family members with natural supports to eliminate the need for the services or support as quickly as possible.
8. Maintain open communication with the Child Family Team on a consistent basis.
9. Complete all documentation and data entry in a timely manner.
10. Complies with all federal and state regulations and agency policies pertaining to HIPAA, false claims, whistleblower policies, and all others.
11. Any other duty assigned by your Supervisor.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Leadership and advocacy skills
• Computer operating skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Cultural competency skills
Minimum Education Required:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Experience Required:
• 3 years of experience
License/Registration/ Certifications Required:
• Valid NYS Drivers’ License
New Hire Orientation
High Fidelity Wraparound Erie County Vendor Training
Question Persuade Refer Suicide Prevention Training
Erie County DSS approved Mandated Reporter Training
CPR for the Professional Rescuer Training
• Work required is one on one or in a group, in the community or in the home where the child lives, support child in various community venues; attend meetings and trainings in administrative buildings as required.
• The constant physical demand of the position is sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, and good vision.
• The frequent physical demands of the position are, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
• The occasional physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, climbing, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA