Health Home Care Manager
790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA Req #108
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Responsible to: Vice President of Managed Care
The Health Home Care Manager has responsibility for working as a lead member of the care team using principles of assessment, care planning, service, community referrals and evaluation to coordinate services using person-centered strategies for eligible participants. The caseload consists of children (under 21 years of age), identified as having intensive medical and behavioral health needs. Caseload size varies and is based on acuity. However, a typical caseload can range from 10 to 40 individuals. The Care Manager is accountable for engaging and retaining Health Home enrollees in care; coordinating and arranging for the provision of services; supporting adherence to treatment recommendations; and monitoring and evaluating a patient’s needs, including prevention, wellness, medical, specialist and behavioral health treatment, care transitions, and social and community services where appropriate through the creation of an individual plan of care. The Care Manager also participates in staff meetings, in-service training and team building activities.
Essential Job Duties:
• Completes comprehensive assessments objectively, that identifies individual, medical, and behavioral health needs within appropriate timeframes.
• Develops plans of care which clearly identifies goals and timeframes for improving the individual’s health and health care status and interventions that will produce this effect.
• Facilitates collaboration through regular case review meetings as well as utilizes HIT as feasible to allow interdisciplinary collaboration among all providers, the enrollee, family, caregivers, and local supports.
• Delivers services which meet the needs of the child, consider the child’s family and community contexts, and are developmentally appropriate, strengths based and child specific.
• Ensures that services recognize that the family is the primary support system for the child and participates as a full partner in all stages of decision making and treatment planning process.
• Conducts home and face to face visits with individual and family at required frequency while utilizing professional judgment to assess the health and safety of the individual and their environment.
• Demonstrates the ability to utilize an electronic health record system to maintain comprehensive and detailed client records which include but are not limited to the plan of care, case notes, and assessments.
• Ensures OLV Human Services policies, procedures, and all applicable governmental laws, regulations, and guidelines are followed.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Computer skills
• Customer skills
Competencies Template: Professionals
Education & Experience:
• Bachelors with two (2) years of relevant experience or,
• Masters with one (1) year of relevant experience or,
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) with two years of relevant experience
Relevant work experience is defined as providing direct services for children in one or more of the following primary diagnoses: mental illness, mental retardation, alcoholism, chemical dependency, or substance abuse.
Required License/Registration/ Certification:
• The Care Manager will be required to become CANS-NY certified and must achieve at least a score of 70% or higher on exam upon hire. Recertification will be required on an annual basis.
– NYS Driver’s License
• Candidates must have a valid New York State Driver’s License and reliable transportation as they will be required to utilize a personal vehicle for company business
– New Hire Orientation
Physical Requirements: The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions
• The constant physical demand of the position is sitting.
• The frequent physical demands of the position are standing, walking, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
• The occasional physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA