The Senior Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting
information by maintaining the general ledger accounts and business
transactions of the organization, applying Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP), analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
Essential Job Duties:
• Responsible for month-end/year-end close activities including the review/preparation journal entries and budget-to-actual reports.
• Prepares/reviews monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items.
• Compiles and analyzes information to assist with the preparation of financial statements.
• Maintains chart of accounts.
• Prepare monthly allocation entries.
• Reconciles intercompany accounts and posts adjusting journal entries.
• Prepares schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end tax/financial audit for independent external auditors. Research issues, clarifies information, and prepares supporting data.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to accounting/finance processes and workflows.
• Contributes to various projects/business case analysis as needed.
• Adheres to HIPAA and confidentiality policies and
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, practices and procedures
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
• Excellent analytical, decision making, communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong financial analysis skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, MBA preferred but not required.
CPA certification preferred but not required.
5+ years of accounting experience, Healthcare or Human
Required License/Registration/ Certification:
• Valid New York State Driver License, auto insurance and
ability to accept travel assignments as required.
• The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions.
• The frequent physical demands of the position are sitting, standing, walking, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
• The occasional physical demands of the position are
lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching,
handling, grasping, and feeling.
$55,500 - 64,500/annual
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $55,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $64,500.00
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA