Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA Req #4
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
$60,000+ annually based on years of relevant experience.
Responsible to: Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), the Senior FP&A Analyst is responsible for assisting in the preparation, analysis and completion of Actual, Budgeted and Projected Financial Statements, Cost Reports and Adhoc Financial information for new or modifications to programs. Evaluates and provides detailed variance explanations for internal and external reporting and provides professional insight for business recommendations. Ensures accurate and timely financial reporting and plays an integral role in Finance with Program and Agency leadership as well as with government agency personnel.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Proven understanding of Not for Profit cost reports and financial information. Prepares timely filing of cost reports including fiscal and annual CFR, AHCF and SSOP reports for Agency funding and answers interim funding questions.
2. Collaborates with Director of FP&A in preparing the annual operating and capital budget, revisions and financial forecasts along with feedback from senior manager and other program leaders. Assists in analysis of funding rate changes and impact on Agency’s financial position.
3. Assists in the consolidated organizational projections and reviews funding requests and expenses for merit; explains recommendations to others in the organization.
4. Aids in the development, analysis and preparation of reports for various contract budgets, grants, and funding applications including modifications to programs or new programs. Ensures proposals are complete, accurate, and in compliance with laws and other regulations.
5. Work with managers to monitor, analyze and explain variances and inform them of status and availability of funds. Provide professional recommendations for tactical or strategic Agency decisions including impact of regulatory changes from Federal or State entities.
6. Participate in agency audits and work with auditors to ensure regulatory compliance.
7. Works with various programs and departments to develop, document and maintain effective policies and procedures to manage the financial reporting, budgeting process and cost reporting information.
8. Utilizes expertise with various software systems and technical background to ensure properly executed, accurate, and timely information.
9. Attend, participate in and report at various internal and external (off-site) meetings and trainings as required. Make recommendations on improvement measures based on current best-practices.
10. Performs all duties and service in full compliance with the expectations of OLV Human Services.
11. Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates excellent leadership with ability to problem solve and work with various levels of management.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities in a fast-paced and often stressful environment; strong organizational/time management skills; demonstrate flexibility in regards to job duties and assignments; ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team to organize tasks and make decisions.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting concepts and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of multi-funded, non-profit organizational structure, laws and governing regulations including preparation of various Not-for-Profit cost reports.
• Ability to work with outside auditors.
• Understanding of grant management, program budgets, and reporting variance analysis.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to proactively and timely convey information.
• Expertise in resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve issues.
• Intermediate level skill of Microsoft (Excel and Word).
• Ability to work in multiple software systems.
• Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in a Not-for-Profit financial role including budgets, projections, costs reporting, and financial analysis.
• CPA License, preferred
• Valid New York State Driver License, auto insurance and ability to accept travel assignments as required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA