Restaurant BOH - Sous Chef
Located on the Sammamish Plateau, The Plateau Club features a picturesque 18-hole golf course, a beautiful, Northwest-style clubhouse and full-service Recreation Center. The family-focused environment offers a rare combination of traditional country club amenities along with a staff that caters to the distinct needs of its members and their guests.
At Oki Golf, Our business is hospitality! We are committed to a culture that encourages growth and development, recognizes team member's hard work and commitment to service, and rewards team members for process improvement ideas and going above and beyond. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
As the Sous Chef, you will be responsible for three distinct areas; product, people and profit. Product: In coordination with the Chef, you will develop and execute recipes as well as ensure proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen at all times. People: You will oversee all kitchen operations; including supervising, training and coordinating all related culinary activities. Profit: You will manage labor schedules, food costs and inventory levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure recipes are followed consistently and our guest receives a dish made to the same specifications each time.
- Ensure recipe ingredients are checked for quality on a consistent basis.
- Ensure kitchen is held to the highest health and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Maintain effective communication with all team members both FOH and BOH.
- Ensure the product is delivered to the guest in a timely manner and is of the highest quality.
- Ensure proper safe work environment to include compliance with OSHA/WISHA
- Continually look for ways to improve processes, procedures and reduce costs.
- Assist in monthly inventory maintaining a variance of less than 1%.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the key objectives of the position.
- Proficient in all stations of line work and short order cooking.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years line experience at an Oki Property or Kitchen lead in a multi-outlet facility.
- Must have current Washington State Health Card.
- Proficient in all stations of line working and short order cooking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
- Have the stamina to stand on feet for long periods of time.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
√ Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
√ 50% discount on shift meals
√ 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
√ Flexible work environment
√ 401K with company match
√ Paid sick time
√ Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs. /week):
· Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
· FSA options
· Company paid life insurance and long term disability
· Paid vacation
· Holiday pay
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Restaurant
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Sammamish, WA, USA