Rec Center - Receptionist
Located on the Sammamish Plateau, The Plateau Club features a picturesque 18-hole golf course, a beautiful, Northwest-style clubhouse and full-service Recreation Center. The family-focused environment offers a rare combination of traditional country club amenities along with a staff that caters to the distinct needs of its members and their guests.
At Oki Golf, Our business is hospitality! We are committed to a culture that encourages growth and development, recognizes team member's hard work and commitment to service, and rewards team members for process improvement ideas and going above and beyond. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
As the Recreation Center Receptionist, you will greet all members in a warm and friendly manner, answering any questions they may have and helping to provide a pleasant and exceptional member experience at the Plateau Club. The typical schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, start time 5:45am but could require late afternoons, evenings and weekends as business levels require.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Greet incoming members and log them by name into our system.
· Receive, direct and relay telephone calls and messages to applicable team member.
· Provide callers with information regarding:
o Hours of operation for all departments on the property
o Upcoming events
o Fitness class dates and times
o Child care information
o General information regarding the Plateau Club
· Make coffee.
· Check members in using the Card Swipe System as they walk in.
· Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet (including both adult and children), with a sincere welcome and the willingness to assist the guest. At the conclusion of the guest’s visit, offer a genuine thank you and invitation to return.
· Acknowledge guest’s reason for visit (i.e. “enjoy your workout”).
· Go “above and beyond” in helping to carry the load for guests and team members including opening the door for the guest and anticipating guest needs (i.e. recommending additional programs and activities).
· Respond to members and staff via email.
· Wash and fold towels.
· Maintain current knowledge of hours of operation and upcoming member events, programs, activities, and tournaments occurring at the Plateau Club.
· Maintain a clean and organized work space.
· Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
· Must uphold a clean and orderly appearance and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
· Restock any amenities as needed.
· Maintain a conflict free work schedule and keep appointment calendar up-to-date.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Possess outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to follow directions and guidelines
- Positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude in all guest and team member interactions.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the key objectives of the position.
- Strong verbal and written communication to team members, existing and potential members, time management and organizational skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
√ Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
√ 50% discount on shift meals
√ 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
√ Flexible work environment
√ 401K with company match
√ Paid sick time
√ Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
· Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
· FSA options
· Company paid life insurance and long term disability
· Paid vacation
· Holiday pay
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Admin
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Sammamish, WA, USA