Turf - Greenskeeper 2
Washington National Golf Club is one of eight properties managed by Oki Golf. Designed by award-winning architect John Fought, Washington National Golf Club is the proud home to the University of Washington’s Men’s and Women’s golf teams. The focus of the Home of the Huskies is the golf experience and the world-class course, comprehensive practice facility, and exceptional service make Washington National a popular destination for tournaments, group outings, and recreational golfers.
Oki Golf is a collection of eight premier Puget Sound golf properties, providing championship golf course layouts and outstanding course conditions. At Oki Golf our specialty is guest experience and our business is hospitality. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
At Oki Golf, our business is hospitality! We are committed to a culture that encourages growth and development, recognizes team member's hard work and commitment to service, and rewards team members for process improvement ideas and going above and beyond. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
The Greenskeeper II (under the supervision of the golf course superintendent, assistant superintendent or foreman) performs routine manual labor involved in and/or related to golf course maintenance (performs semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work). Ability to operate small hand powered equipment and occasionally performs work involving larger equipment/machines (tractors, fairway units, triplex mowers, walking mowers, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ability to safely and properly operate equipment including: string trimmers, edgers and backpack blowers
· Maintain bunkers, ball washers, fuel and fluid levels of equipment required to perform job duties, and related supplies.
· Returns all equipment to the designated location in the maintenance facility
· Promptly report any equipment issues.
· Assist in project work to including but not limited to: Construction of greens, tees, and fairways; Prepare soil base; Lay sod; Seed tees, greens and fairways
· Ability to safely and properly operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
· Maintain effective communication with the guests and fellow team members.
· Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet, with a sincere welcome and the willingness to assist the guest. At the conclusion of the guest’s visit, offer a genuine thank you and invitation to return.
· Ensure a safe work environment by following all safety rules and wearing appropriate safety equipment including: safety helmets, ear protection, and non-skid shoes.
· Complete required job duties in the most efficient, productive manner ensuring a well-groomed golf course.
· Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
· Must be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
· Uphold a reliable and responsible work ethic with the ability to follow directions both verbal and written.
· Ability to maintain focus on job at hand with a sense of ownership in quality of job performance.
· Be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands. • Perform other duties as directed by his/her supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Washington State Driver’s license.
· Experience in turf maintenance or related field preferred.
· Ability to follow company policy/procedures and guidelines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member will:
· Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
· Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
· Frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts (and associated noise levels related to) and outside weather conditions.
· Occasionally be exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
√ Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
√ 50% discount on shift meals
√ 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
√ Flexible work environment
√ 401K with company match
√ Paid sick time
√ Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
√ Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
√ FSA options
√ Company paid life insurance and long term disability
√ Paid vacation
√ Holiday pay
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Turf
- Pay Type Hourly
- Newcastle, WA, USA