Prep Cook - Lead Cook
Oki Golf Prep Cook -Lead Cook
ABOUT OKI GOLF:
At Oki Golf, Our business is hospitality! We are committed to a culture that encourages growth and development, recognizes team member's hard work and commitment to service, and rewards team members for process improvement ideas and going above and beyond. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you. SUMMARY As the Lead Cook, under the supervision of the Chef, you will perform routine duties associated with all aspects of the kitchen. This includes, but is not limited to, daily opening and closing procedures, preparing food to order specifications and following safety and sanitation guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure recipes are followed consistently, providing our guest with a quality dining experience.
- Always act in the best interest of the guest experience.
- Lead culinary team-members in establishing quality standards.
- Monitor ingredients for quality on a daily basis.
- Ensure kitchen is held to the highest health and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Maintain effective & diplomatic communication with all team members both FOH and BOH.
- Ensure the product is delivered to the guest in a timely manner and is of the highest quality.
- Ensure proper safe work environment to include compliance with OSHA/WISHA.
- Continually look for ways to improve processes, procedures and reduce costs.
- Assist in designing daily specials and new menu R&D.
- Interact with guests in a friendly manner, providing warm greetings, table touches, and assistance when needed.
- Must uphold a clean and orderly appearance and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
- Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years line experience a kitchen lead in a multi-outlet facility.
- Must have current Washington State Health Card.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the key objectives of the position.
- Proficient in all stations of line work and short order cooking.
- Must have superior knife-handling skills and the ability to operate standard kitchen equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
- Have the stamina to stand on feet for long periods of time.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
√ Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
√ 50% discount on shift meals
√ 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
√ Flexible work environment
√ 401K with company match
√ Paid sick time
√ Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs./week):
√ Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
√ FSA options
√ Company paid life insurance and long term disability
√ Paid vacation
√ Holiday pay
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Job Family Restaurant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Newcastle, WA, USA