Practice Facility Assistant - Spend time with nature and bring your friends!
The Golf Club at Newcastle is one of eight properties managed by Oki Golf. Featuring stunning, panoramic views of Lake Washington, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, and the Seattle skyline, 36 holes of championship golf, a spectacular, 44,000 square foot clubhouse, and extensive, year-round practice facilities, The Golf Club at Newcastle is the Puget Sound’s premier public golf destination.
Oki Golf is a collection of eight premier Puget Sound golf properties, providing championship golf course layouts and outstanding course conditions. At Oki Golf our specialty is guest experience and our business is hospitality. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
At Oki Golf, our business is hospitality! We are committed to a culture that encourages growth and development, recognizes team member's hard work and commitment to service, and rewards team members for process improvement ideas and going above and beyond. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
As a Practice Facility Assistant, you will be responsible and accountable for the daily operations of the practice facility and you will coordinate with the Golf Operations Manager/Director of Golf to provide exceptional service to our guests. This includes meeting or exceeding our established standards for guest satisfaction, sales and financial performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Practice Facility in achieving targets through the maximization of the use of the Facility.
• Use all Practice Facility related systems efficiently, including Lightspeed, Chronogolf and ERange.
• Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet, with a warm welcome. At the conclusion of the guest’s visit, offer a sincere thank you and invitation to return.
• Answer the phone within 3 rings.
• Greet guests and assist them throughout their time in the Practice Facility in a friendly, and courteous manner.
• Assist with tournament operations as directed by the Tournament Coordinator and/or Golf Professionals.
• Maintain effective communication between all staff members in regards to course operations.
• Lead by example, setting a benchmark of performance in the areas of innovation, motivation, and engagement.
• Use suggestive selling techniques to ensure guests have everything necessary for their round of golf along with their use of property amenities.
• Must uphold a clean and orderly appearance and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
• Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
• Knowledgeable regarding hours of operation, pace of play and group event detail.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments while being in the public eye.
• Must have a passion for serving guests and their satisfaction is your satisfaction in a job well done.
• Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
• Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
• Customer service, cash handling and point of sales system experience required
• Good working knowledge of the golf business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
• Golf Benefits, Meal and Merchandise discount
• Team Member Referral Program and more!
• Paid Sick Time
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Golf
- Pay Type Hourly
- Newcastle, WA, USA