The Golf Club at Newcastle is one of eight properties managed by Oki Golf. Featuring stunning, panoramic views of Lake Washington, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, and the Seattle skyline, 36 holes of championship golf, a spectacular, 44,000 square foot clubhouse, and extensive, year-round practice facilities, The Golf Club at Newcastle is the Puget Sound’s premier public golf destination.
Oki Golf is a collection of eight premier Puget Sound golf properties, providing championship golf course layouts and outstanding course conditions. At Oki Golf our specialty is guest experience and our business is hospitality. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
Oki Golf Job Description – Restaurant Host
ABOUT OKI GOLF:
At Oki Golf, Our business is hospitality! We are committed to a culture that encourages growth and development, recognizes team member's hard work and commitment to service, and rewards team members for process improvement ideas and going above and beyond. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
a Host at Oki Golf, you will greet all guests in a friendly, sincere manner and
ensure they experience the best possible service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Taking reservations, utilizing open table for capturing guest information and confirming reservations. Greeting and seating guests and helping service staff with essential job tasks.
· Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet, with a sincere welcome and the willingness to assist the guest. At the conclusion of the guest’s visit, offer a genuine thank you and invitation to return
· Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required.
· Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests. Always yield to the guest.
· Prepare final bill.
· Maintain effective communication with the guests and fellow team members.
· Must uphold a clean and orderly appearance and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
· Maintain a good working knowledge of hours of operation, wine, and menu, including ingredients and preparation method.
· Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
· Up sell at every opportunity by informing guests of specials and your personal recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments
· Must be adaptable to change, flexible, and empathetic
· Must be highly customer oriented and responsive
· Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
· Must possess a Food Handler’s Card and MAST certificate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
· Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
· Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
· Have the stamina to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, not to exceed 4 hours.
· Have the ability to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
√ Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
√ 50% discount on shift meals
√ 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
√ Flexible work environment
√ 401K with company match
√ Paid sick time
√ Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
√ Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
√ FSA options
√ Company paid life insurance and long term disability
√ Paid vacation
√ Holiday pay
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Restaurant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Newcastle, WA, USA