Banquets Set Up Crew Member (Houseman) - FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE AND GREAT PERKS
The Golf Club at Newcastle is one of eight properties managed by Oki Golf. Featuring stunning, panoramic views of Lake Washington, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, and the Seattle skyline, 36 holes of championship golf, a spectacular, 44,000 square foot clubhouse, and extensive, year-round practice facilities, The Golf Club at Newcastle is the Puget Sound’s premier public golf destination.
Oki Golf is a collection of eight premier Puget Sound golf properties, providing championship golf course layouts and outstanding course conditions. At Oki Golf our specialty is guest experience and our business is hospitality. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
At Oki Golf, Our business is hospitality!We are committed to a culture that encourages growth and development, recognizes team member's hard work and commitment to service, and rewards team members for process improvement ideas and going above and beyond.If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
The Houseman position is directly responsible for accurate and timely setups and breakdowns as required by the Banquet Event Order or as directed by the Lead Houseman.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform work as assigned by the Banquet Manager to include but not limited to setup as required by the Banquet Event Order or special guest requests.
• Demonstrate complete and accurate setups as required by the established Banquet SOP’s, Banquet Event Order or as requested by the Banquet Manager.
• Maintain a basic understanding of Audio Visual setup.
• Ensure all meeting and storage space meets with established standards of cleanliness and organization.
• Maintain the service flow and Health Department Standards in the setup and execution of service breakdown stations.
• Establish a positive working relationship with the Manager and Banquet Captain in a team environment and demonstrate directing a team through the setup and breakdown as defined by the Banquet Event Orders.
• Responsible for the set up per the Banquet Event Order for every event.
• Have a complete working knowledge of our facility to include music, lighting and temperature adjustments.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Must possess a strong eye for detail to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and according to specifications.
• Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
• Must be adaptive, flexible, and empathetic.
• Must be responsive to guest’s needs in an efficient and professional manner.
• Must be willing to assist fellow team members in daily responsibilities to drive processes that support the business.
• A minimum of one (1) year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work individually, as well as in a team environment.
• Must possess and maintain a current state approved food handlers’ card.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
• Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
• Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
• May include outdoor work and exposure to related weather conditions to include but not limited to: sunshine, wind, rain, warm & cool temperatures.
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
• Golf Benefits, Meal and Merchandise discount
• Team Member Referral Program and more!
• Paid Sick Time
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Restaurant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Newcastle, WA, USA