Line Cook - Free Golf + Great Benefits + Tips
The Golf Club at Newcastle is one of eight properties managed by Oki Golf. Featuring stunning, panoramic views of Lake Washington, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, and the Seattle skyline, 36 holes of championship golf, a spectacular, 44,000 square foot clubhouse, and extensive, year-round practice facilities, The Golf Club at Newcastle is the Puget Sound’s premier public golf destination.
Oki Golf is a collection of eight premier Puget Sound golf properties, providing championship golf course layouts and outstanding course conditions. At Oki Golf our specialty is guest experience and our business is hospitality. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
At Oki Golf, Our business is hospitality! We are committed to a culture that encourages growth and development, recognizes team member's hard work and commitment to service, and rewards team members for process improvement ideas and going above and beyond. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
The Line Cook, under the supervision of the Chef, performs routine duties associated with all aspects of the kitchen. This includes, but is not limited to, daily opening and closing procedures, preparing food to order specifications, dishwashing when needed, and following safety and sanitation guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure recipes are followed consistently and our guest receives a dish made to the same specifications each time.
· Produce items in defined tickets times.
· Ensure recipe ingredients are checked for quality on a consistent basis.
· Ensure kitchen is held to the highest health and cleanliness standards at all times.
· Maintain effective communication with all team members both FOH and BOH.
· Ensure the product is delivered to the guest in a timely manner and is of the highest quality.
· Ensure proper safe work environment to include compliance with OSHA/WISHA.
· Continually look for ways to improve processes, procedures and reduce costs.
· Assist in monthly inventory.
· Must uphold a clean and orderly appearance and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook.
· Must have good knife handling skills and the ability to operate standard kitchen equipment.
· Must have knowledge of basic sauces, cooking techniques and flavor pairings.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the key objectives of the position.
- Proficient in all stations of line work and short order cooking.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have current Washington State Health Card.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
- Have the stamina to stand on feet for long periods of time.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
√ Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
√ 50% discount on shift meals
√ 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
√ Flexible work environment
√ 401K with company match
√ Paid sick time
√ Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
· Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
· FSA options
· Company paid life insurance and long term disability
· Paid vacation
· Holiday pay
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Restaurant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Part time
- Newcastle, WA, USA