Head Golf Pro: FULL TIME with great benefits and perks!
The Golf Club at Newcastle is one of eight properties managed by Oki Golf. Featuring stunning, panoramic views of Lake Washington, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, and the Seattle skyline, 36 holes of championship golf, a spectacular, 44,000 square foot clubhouse, and extensive, year-round practice facilities, The Golf Club at Newcastle is the Puget Sound’s premier public golf destination.
Oki Golf is a collection of eight premier Puget Sound golf properties, providing championship golf course layouts and outstanding course conditions. At Oki Golf our specialty is guest experience and our business is hospitality. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
The Head Golf Professional will be responsible for the management of the golf operation relating to delivering an exceptional golf experience including: hiring, training and mentoring professional team members, assist in managing the golf shop, promoting the game and Oki Golf, providing instruction, executing events (outside corporate events and internal member and club events).Manage and oversee daily play of members and guests while maximizing revenues and labor efficiencies. Will provide any other additional services to ensure an exceptional golf experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead by example. Set the benchmark of performance to the department in the areas of motivation, sense of ownership and dedication to quality of product.
- Control and manage daily tee sheets and play; ensure efficient and correct guest check in and fee collection.
- Manage and oversee execution of internal and external golf events to ensure events run efficiently and professionally.
- Use all golf shop related systems efficiently, including Chronogolf, Lightspeed retail, Ceridian, GHIN
- Oversee management of golf cart fleet to include maintenance and ensure golf carts are up to Oki Golf standards for clean and safety as directed by the Director of Golf.
- Implement & adhere to Oki Golf universal standards on a daily basis.
- Directly supervise staff by carrying out the responsibilities in accordance with Oki Golf policies and procedures. This will include planning, assigning and at times performing activities of team members supervised.
- Assist in staffing the golf operation including recruiting, hiring and training of Golf Shop, Player Assistant and Guest Service staff.
- Collaborate and communicate with all departments fostering a team environment
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and oversee the Guest Service team (to include: scheduling, labor management, adherence to service and product standards and golf experience expectations as directed of the Director of Golf).
- Encourage, mentor, coach, train and develop all team members to ensure their maximum value to Oki Golf so that the guest experience is realized.
- Hold all team members accountable for their areas of responsibility.
- Provide instruction to guests and members including individual lessons, clinics, junior camps and promote Grow the Game initiatives.
- Supervise and assist in merchandising including receiving, displaying, taking inventory and promoting golf shop sales. Oversee member and guest merchandise special orders.Have a thorough knowledge of all Oki Golf programs and products and be able to effectively educate guests.
- Provide professional advice pertaining to the game and equipment and assistance to all guests and members.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Class A PGA member in good standing.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience (either as Assistant or Head Professional).
- Tournament Management and like experience a plus
- Positive and proactive attitude relating to guest service and overall guest experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include team members, the senior leadership team, guests, vendors and contractors, at all times showing tact and diplomacy as an Oki golf team member.
- Proficiency in computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet.
- Must be comfortable and willing to “roll up sleeves” and lead by positive example.
- Independent decisions are made with sound judgment and are consistent with Oki Golf core values.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow company policy/procedures, complying with all administrative responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
- Have the stamina to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, not to exceed 4 hours.
- Have the ability to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
(35hrs + per week) may be eligible for:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Telehealth Coverage
- FSA options
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation
All Team Members:
- 401K with company match
- Golf Benefits, Meal and Merchandise discount
- Paid Sick Time
- Team Member Referral Program and more!
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Golf
- Pay Type Salary
- Newcastle, WA, USA