Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, GREAT PAY + PERKS
The Golf Club at Newcastle is one of eight properties managed by Oki Golf. Featuring stunning, panoramic views of Lake Washington, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, and the Seattle skyline, 36 holes of championship golf, a spectacular, 44,000 square foot clubhouse, and extensive, year-round practice facilities, The Golf Club at Newcastle is the Puget Sound’s premier public golf destination.
Oki Golf is a collection of eight premier Puget Sound golf properties, providing championship golf course layouts and outstanding course conditions. At Oki Golf our specialty is guest experience and our business is hospitality. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
At Oki Golf, Our business is hospitality! We are committed to a culture that encourages growth and development, recognizes team member's hard work and commitment to service, and rewards team members for process improvement ideas and going above and beyond. If you truly have a passion to serve others and are committed to working hard, this is the place for you.
the Assistant Food & Beverage manager, you will be responsible for managing
all aspects of the restaurant operation related to delivering an exceptional
dining experience through the use and training of our Universal Product and
Service Standards as well as fine dining service sequence. The Assistant Food
and Beverage Manager is responsible for the selection, training, development
and management of both year round and seasonal team members. In this role, you
will also be responsible for maximizing the restaurant revenues by providing an
exceptional and consistent dining experience as well as understanding room
capacities and the reservation process to fully utilize restaurant space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Represent, contribute to and promote Oki Golf as the market leader.
· Must be proactive in developing innovative ideas to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional quality products and profit contributions to the Company.
· Monitor guest feedback and surveys using the feedback garnered as a training tool as well as to consider new offerings.
· Ensure the restaurant assets are well maintained • Understand Oki Golf’s definition of guest service and embody the service philosophy.
· Understand business levels and opportunities to increase revenue through innovative programming
· Recruit, hire and train restaurant team members
· Understand and value individual growth and development as well as formulate strategies for growth and development of team members.
· Establish and embody the benchmark of performance to the department in the areas of motivation, sense of ownership, and dedication to quality of product.
· Responsible for the supervision and follow up of all staff assignments.
· Manage monthly expenses to the budget, minimizing expenses and overtime.
· Conduct monthly Beer, Liquor and Wine inventory
· Monitor menu mix to consistently update menus
· Practice active asset management, control and security to reduce shrinkage.
· Encourage, mentor, coach, train and develop team members to ensure their maximum value to Oki Golf so the exceptional guest experience is realized.
· Recruit, hire and train restaurant, banquet and refreshment stand/cart and kitchen team members in accordance with Oki Golf operating procedures. Follow prescribed orientation process to set each team member up for success.
· Ensure proper safe work environment to include compliance with OSHA/WISHA and Oki Golf guidelines and standard operating procedures.
· Hold all team members accountable for their areas of responsibility through the use of Oki Golf position descriptions and clearly articulated expectations.
supervise team members by carrying out the supervisory and position
responsibilities in accordance with Oki Golf policies and procedures. This will
include planning, assigning and at times performing activities the Food and
Beverage team members typically perform.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Positive and proactive supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills.
· Thorough knowledge of ordering/purchasing, inventory control, budget management and P&L accountability
· Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the key objectives of the position.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· A minimum of 5 years in a supervisory and/or management capacity at a high end restaurant
possess current food handler’s permit as well as Class 12 permit.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
· Work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
· Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
· Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
· Have the stamina to stand on feet for long periods of time.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
√ Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
√ 50% discount on shift meals
√ 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
√ Flexible work environment
√ 401K with company match
√ Paid sick time
√ Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
√ Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
√ FSA options
√ Company paid life insurance and long term disability
√ Paid vacation
√ Holiday pay
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Restaurant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Newcastle, WA, USA