Camden, London (currently, the Company is operating an informal, 50% hybrid way of working, with employees attending our Company office Tuesdays and Thursdays + 1 other day every other week).
TouchTunes is the world's largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, with our connected jukeboxes featured in over 65,000 locations globally. Our music experience inspires emotional connections in shared spaces, enhancing the way people interact with each other and their environment. Millions of songs are played daily across the TouchTunes network, with our popular mobile app driving the vast majority of plays.
We are seeking a Software Developer who will support the UK business with software project creation and implementation, as well as internal user support and external user issue troubleshooting.
The Software Developer is a key stakeholder, ensuring we continuously support and improve our IT tools and production-facing apps. They also work closely with the Head of IT, supporting infrastructure and app development requirements.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Providing operational support for customer-facing infrastructure and development services.
- Continually contributing to the codebase within the company by actively writing testable, scalable, and efficient code, and providing input and feedback.
- Advocating for the importance of good software design and development principles.
- Ensuring all work is thoroughly tested and, where possible, by automated testing.
- Providing back-end support for customer-facing and back-office infrastructure services.
- Supporting the studio team and other stakeholders in relation to published products/updates.
- Supporting and providing ongoing maintenance of customer-facing infrastructure services as agreed with the Head of IT/Lead Developer.
- Developing and supporting small to medium size software development projects.
- Proactively, and as directed by the Lead Developer/Head of IT, identifying shortcomings in existing infrastructure monitoring, and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Regularly monitoring and reporting on infrastructure performance and operational effectiveness.
- Attending meetings and briefings with various stakeholders as required.
- Acting as the subject matter expert for the Lead Developer and Head of IT on all matters regarding software development.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new and emerging technologies and advising the Lead Developer and Head of IT accordingly.
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation and contributions to our centralised code repositories.
What you bring to the table:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in relevant discipline or 3 years equivalent experience in a similar position.
- At least 3 years development experience.
- Demonstrable experience in the full development lifecycle, deploying software, and configuring/deploying web application services/servers.
- Experience using source control systems. (DevOps/Git).
- Ability to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and fix ‘weak links’ and manage improvements using their own initiative.
- Be able to employ an entrepreneurial mindset and be sensitive to the concerns and commercial situations faced by stakeholders/customers wherever appropriate.
- Ability to react quickly and efficiently during production-impacting issues.
- Awareness and understanding of relevant data security legislation, privacy, and security issues and act with a ‘security first’ mindset.
- Technical skills:
- Razor Pages, MVC
- Web programming languages (ASP, .Net Core, PHP)
- HTML, CSS and web frameworks (e.g., Bootstrap, Semantic UI)
- Source control experience – ideally DevOps/Git
- Unit testing
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Dependency Injection
- Relational Databases (e.g., MS SQL, MySQL, MariaDB)
- Entity Framework/Dapper or other ORM experience
- No SQL Databases (e.g., MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Understanding of web hosting technologies (e.g., Apache, Nginx, IIS)
- Windows Services
- Problem-solving mindset.
- Confident ‘self-starter’ able to independently manage the business priorities alongside their own time and resources.
- A clear and genuine interest in technological trends.
- A drive to constantly improve and innovate, and challenge where appropriate.
- Team player and strong collaborator.
What is in it for you:
- 25 days Annual Leave (plus UK Public Holidays).
- Enhanced Sick Leave.
- Workplace salary sacrifice pension scheme (autoenrollment)
- Enhanced employer pension contributions at 4%.
- Group Life Assurance – x3 annual basic salary.
- BHSF Health Cash Plan – cashback on major healthcare expenses.
- 24/7 virtual GP services.
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP)
- Perkbox – perks and discounts across big brands, including Apple and Uber.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
- Willing to occasionally handle out-of-hours calls.
- Occasional support for production impacting issues out of hours.
- Must be able to walk/stand/squat/climb/push/pull/bend/lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to perform primarily sedentary work (sitting or standing) for long periods of time, frequently using a computer (visual acuity, fine motor skills) and telephone (talking/hearing).
- Occasional travel to our UK datacentres as required.
- Right to work in the UK.
TouchTunes UK Ltd. (including Soundnet Limited) is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. TouchTunes UK Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Family Software Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $48,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $58,000.00