The Parts Counterperson sells, at retail, parts to all available customers, over the counter, through the shop, or on the phone. This is a Day shift position working 8:30a - 5:00p, Monday - Friday.
- Assists walk-in customers in selecting required parts, suggests companion requirements, offers specials, and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line
- Pulls purchased parts from stock and orders parts that are not in stock
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other relevant information
- Assists outside sales representatives with their orders
- Assists service technicians in selecting parts needed for repairs in process
- Notifies the Shop personnel and the customer that ordered parts have been received
- Works in a friendly, professional and efficient matter when working with all customers, both on the phone and in person as well as with the other departments
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customers
- Keeps current on new products and product updates
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of experience in a truck/automotive parts department preferred.
- One year of sales experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Ability to use a computer and calculator
- Ability to be trained on the computer inventory system
- Ability to work well with the public, sometimes with several customers at a time.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands: Will spend six to eight hours per shift moving throughout the parts department. Will climb ladders to get parts from shelves. Will stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, and feel. Will work closely with the service department and therefore will be exposed to noise, dust, exhaust fumes, paint, and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Earn top tier wages, match your vacation and enjoy the security of a premium benefits package and generous hiring bonus with Nuss Truck & Equipment the 2017 American Truck Dealer of the year. Nuss is one of the largest providers of both OTR and vocational trucks combined with world class Volvo Construction Equipment including paving products and service in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams support all segments of the transportation and construction industry. We have expanded to nine strategic dealership locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth, East Bethel and Monticello Minnesota, and Eau Claire Wisconsin. Many Nuss staff members have over 25 years of experience providing highest level customer care and experience.
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a very competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, generous monthly HSA contribution, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Thursday, July 28, 2022
- Sauk Rapids, MN, USA