The Lot Technician assists the Sales Department by checking in all used and new trucks and equipment. Responsible for the overall maintenance of the Sales lot, and keeping all inventory in presentable condition. Supports the Service Dept as requested by leadership.
- Check-In Trucks and Equipment
- Inspect all inventory
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork that is required
- Install company stickers and flaps
- Wash, detail and steam clean interior and exterior of trucks and equipment
- Take required photos
- Make sure the Sales lot is kept in a neat and organized manner at all times in accordance with dealership standards
- Perform general lot maintenance including snow removal including plowing lot and brushing snow off of trucks and equipment
- Take physical inventory on a regular basis
- Retrieve current hours as needed
- Battery maintenance, check fluids and replenish fuel when necessary
- Perform light building maintenance including fixing lights, etc.
- Help maintain the professional appearance of the branch
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a truck/automotive environment, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Mechanical skills a plus
- Able to work independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to represent the company with professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Good or better computer skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, high stress environment
- Must have and maintain a valid CDL and Health Card in accordance with all applicable regulations
- Must possess clean driving record
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
This is a physically demanding position. Will lift and transport parts weighing up to and/or exceeding 70 pounds on an as needed basis. Will be exposed to noise, dust, exhaust fumes, etc. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Earn top tier wages, match your vacation and enjoy the security of a premium benefits package and generous hiring bonus with Nuss Truck & Equipment the 2017 American Truck Dealer of the year. Nuss is one of the largest providers of both OTR and vocational trucks combined with world class Volvo Construction Equipment including paving products and service in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams support all segments of the transportation and construction industry. We have expanded to nine strategic dealership locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth, East Bethel and Monticello Minnesota, and Eau Claire Wisconsin. Many Nuss staff members have over 25 years of experience providing highest level customer care and experience.
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a very competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, generous monthly HSA contribution, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Wednesday, July 6, 2022
- Burnsville, MN, USA