Heavy Duty Truck Diesel Service Foreman
Plans, organizes, leads and controls the flow of service work through the service department in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs at a fair cost to the customer.
- Maintains a dealership-prescribed standard for ''hours per customer repair order written''
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
- Accomplishes the forecast that has been established by the General Manager and Service Manager
- Maintains contact with service customers on a timely basis and in a professional manner
- Schedules shop work as efficiently as possible in accordance with dealership policy
- Checks job status as often as necessary, but at least twice each shift. Reports to customer any change in time promised and notify him or her of any additional repairs that may be required.
- Opens and closes repair orders • Handles routine complaints and make adjustments for jobs that require one hour or less. Recommends adjustments greater than this to the Service Manager. • Advises the credit department when a job exceeds the initial estimate • Prepares a list of equipment, supplies and repairs required, and review with the Service Manager as needed
- Assigns work to technicians • Ensures that technicians follow warranty material disposition procedures
- Administers safety and housekeeping policies and procedures
- Reviews hard copies turned in by technicians to ensure that assigned work has been performed and the repair order has been completed properly
- Coordinates parts requirements with the parts department
- Advises Parts Manager and Service Manager of repetitive shortage so that corrective action can be taken
- Spot-checks repairs to assure quality and timely completion
- Schedules maintenance of service vehicles and equipment
- Cleans tools, equipment, shop and service truck for acceptable appearance
- Completes service reports and other documentation as required by Nuss and/or customer
- Attends factory sponsored training classes as required
- Responsible for supervising Service Technicians.
- Two-year technical school degree in Diesel/Heavy Equipment or equivalent experience
- Some coursework in Diesel/Heavy Equipment or equivalent work experience
- 2 -3 years of relevant diesel equipment repair experience
- Prefer heavy equipment dealership experience
- Ability to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions
- Trouble-shooting ability with heavy equipment
- Solid knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, transmissions, electrical, fuel and other systems
- Mechanical skills
- Ability to use a computer and calculator
- Able to work independently
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing with customers, vendors, and other contacts
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to represent the company with professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Good or better computer skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, high stress environment
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license (CDL preferred)
- Must possess clean driving record
- Must be able to travel including some overnight stays
- Maintain professional personal appearance
Earn top tier wages, match your vacation and enjoy the security of a premium benefits package and generous hiring bonus with Nuss Truck & Equipment the 2017 American Truck Dealer of the year. Nuss is one of the largest providers of both OTR and vocational trucks combined with world class Volvo Construction Equipment including paving products and service in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams support all segments of the transportation and construction industry. We have expanded to nine strategic dealership locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth, East Bethel and Monticello Minnesota, and Eau Claire Wisconsin. Many Nuss staff members have over 25 years of experience providing highest level customer care and experience.
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a very competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, generous monthly HSA contribution, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Wednesday, July 6, 2022
- Burnsville, MN, USA