150 Transit Ave, Thomasville, NC 27360, USA Req #401
Thursday, September 8, 2022
Lays out, fits, assembles, and welds fabricated components of various sizes made from sheet metal, angle bar, flat bar, etc. in galvanized steel, mild steel, and stainless steel.
• Experienced in MIG. TIG welding is a plus. (1-2 years’ experience or schooling preferred.)
• Experienced with all types of Fabrication Machinery (Brakes, Shears, Spot Welders, Swaging and Beading Machines, Rollers, Iron Workers, Drill Presses and various hand tools)
• Have the ability to read and interpret blue prints, and read a tape measure to 1/16” accuracy.
• Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
• Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
• Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
• Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
• Assembles some parts by bolting and riveting.
• Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Work is performed in a production environment where disruptions occur frequently.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 150 Transit Ave, Thomasville, NC 27360, USA