Helper - Transitions
150 Transit Ave, Thomasville, NC 27360, USA Req #370
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Summary: Assembles a range of steel products to include high vacuum pipes, 30° branches, Y-branches, etc. on shop floor by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Reviews and analyzes work order requisitions.
• Retrieves parts from stockroom.
• Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or following blueprints.
• Breaks parts on break machine.
• Prepare materials to be assembled by grinding, cutting, or oiling parts as necessary.
• Measures and rolls materials onto assembly machine.
• Operates Sikke machine to seal or expand parts collar.
• Operates spot welder, rolling machines, or bending and sikke machine to assist in assembly
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Scope of Responsibility
• This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments under readily available supervision.
• Language Ability:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Math Ability:
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Computer Skills:
No Computer skills needed.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Work is performed in a production environment where disruptions occur frequently.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, while occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, bend and twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 150 Transit Ave, Thomasville, NC 27360, USA