Summary: The Warehouse Automation Manager, will take a leading role in automating Nordfab’s warehouse. In an effort to improve internal efficiency, delivery accuracy and shorten lead times, we are transitioning to a system with more items in stock vs made-to-order. To enable that we are currently expanding the warehouse footprint significantly, but will at the same time implement a modern AS/RS inventory. We are seeking a team player with a passion for automating and modernizing an existing system
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
• Improve efficiently and effectively through the critical evaluation of current systems and processes.
• Acts as subject matter expert in control and automation technology including applying subject matter expertise in material handling and automation control systems to maximize the AS/RS overall effectiveness.
• Manages automation objectives including maintaining key operational metrics, development of risk assessments and management of mitigation plans.
• Understanding and experience of fast moving inventory of industrial products.
• Dedicated to cooperate with external subject matter experts, but with an understanding that the individual must be a strong contributor as well.
• Duties may change.
• Prefer BS Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Operations related field and/or 5+ years of experience in manufacturing with experience in project management. Working knowledge of various AS/RS concepts. Experience managing automation projects that include (but are not limited to): automated storage and retrieval systems, conveyor systems, warehouse management software, etc.