Energy Policy Manager
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), as subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking an Energy Policy Manager to monitor and make recommendations regarding energy policy with a focus on clean energy issues (e.g. energy efficiency, demand response, codes and standards, decarbonization) at the company, state, regional and federal level. Ensure that NJNG is aware of industry activities and potential opportunities that can advance our commitment to be a resource in a decarbonized future. Contribute to the development of energy efficiency, clean energy and other business development filings and initiatives consistent with company's Commitment to Stakeholders.
- Review, analyze and summarize industry activities related to energy efficiency, demand response, codes and standards, and decarbonization issues, including reviewing reports and participating in webinars and stakeholder meetings.
- Understand, share insights and make recommendations on emerging public policy objectives (e.g. equity in the clean energy transition) and new opportunities (e.g. new government programs, resources, or mandates)..
- Serve as a resource for internal and external stakeholders on clean energy policy issues.
- Work closely with the other utilities in the refinement of policies and procedures for the energy efficiency programs.
- Participate in national and regional associations to enhance knowledge of energy-efficiency, demand response, and decarbonization program approaches and technologies.
- Serve as a key resource on the team developing new regulatory filings and programs, including the preparation and settlement process.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders involved in clean energy issues, including state, regional, and national energy efficiency, environmental, business, consumer and community organizations.
- Identify opportunities to work with new organizations to help support and/or advance policy discussions and raise awareness of existing clean energy programs.
- Build relationships with peers at other in-state utilities and industry leading utilities in the energy efficiency and on the decarbonization front.
- Build a general knowledge of other NJNG areas of operation and customer facing programs to understand integrations of clean energy with reliability and affordability.
- Assist in efforts related to compliance, including Evaluation, Measurement, & Verification (“EM&V”) activities, BPU reporting, Sustainability reporting or other as needed.
- Support the preparation and review of regulatory data request and ad hoc regulatory inquiries
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years working experience (preferably in energy industry).
- Advanced degree – can be considered for some of the years of experience required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Availability to work some evenings and occasional travel for industry conferences
- Working knowledge of computer-based software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- New Jersey policy and/or clean energy industry experience preferred
- The ability to work independently preferred
- Previous leadership experience in a collaborative role preferred
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America