At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today's Best places to work, and here are a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no lay-offs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $16.00 - 22.00 hourly
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
NFM’s Delivery Coordinator II will investigate and resolve warehouse inventory problems, ensuring that orders are scheduled for delivery and ready for delivery. You will be responsible for contacting customers whose merchandise will not be delivered as scheduled. Your role will help ensure that all phases of delivery operations happen in a smooth and efficient manner.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Audit: Review all delivery orders and exception reports to identify any problems and take needed actions to resolve those problems
- Advise: Provide guidance to teammates and delivery providers regarding necessary actions to execute the business plan
- Analyze: Evaluate requests from teammates and provide approval or alternative solutions to ensure customer loyalty
- Assist: Support and direct the delivery providers, including management, office staff and delivery teams
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of office/clerical related experience which included customer relations responsibility and problem resolution
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft products required
- Data entry skills per established department requirements; 50 words per minute
- Excellent oral communication and phone skills
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You’ll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM’s 401(k) and you’re eligible for company match after one year. NFM’s 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
- Job Family Customer Service
- Job Function Non-Manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Omaha, 700 S 72nd Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America