Customer Pick Up Specialist
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Do you tend to leave a lasting impression on people? If so, we are looking for a friendly face to join our warehouse Customer Pick Up team! You will be the last person our customers come in contact with. Your job will be to assist the customer in getting the merchandise quickly and securely into their vehicle.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Greet: Meet customer at their vehicle promptly and with a helpful smile
- Inspect: Uncrate, apply fabric coating and re-crate merchandise. Examine product for flaws
- Load: Wrap and secure merchandise into customer’s vehicle without damage
- Confirm: Check that the customer received their correct merchandise and complete appropriate paperwork
- Report: Track daily progress and immediately report discrepancies, errors or potential roadblocks to supervisor
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Must be 16 years of age
- 1-year labor or warehouse experience preferred
- 1-year customer contact experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to lift/push/pull required weights
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, drug screen and criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
- As a part-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Competitive pay Paid holiday and paid time off
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff has saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training
- 401(k) with company matching
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Warehouse
- Job Function Non-Manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kansas City, 1601 Village West Pkwy, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America