Universal Teller (BB/BOJH)
It starts with our culture ...
Common sense has never been common.
If it were, the world would be a different place. Things would run smoothly and on time. People would do what they say and say what they do. Everything would be fair, without all the small talk. And banks would only sell you what you need. When a banker looked at a client, they wouldn’t just see a number, they’d see a dad or a mom or a graduate or a business owner. Our Bankers understand the complexities of people’s lives and offer simple solutions.
That's the basics of Relationships. Fairness. Simplicity®. When you choose our Company, you have an opportunity to make an impact beyond the walls of our buildings.
Through our banking relationships, investing, grants, and volunteerism, NBH Bank promotes the growth, revitalization and sustainability of the communities we serve. We believe that these are important elements in building and sustaining a successful organization and a positive, results-driven culture. We strive for all of our associates to feel welcome and empowered at work.
This type of position is ideal for someone looking to build a career in finance. We will provide you training and coaching throughout your onboarding experience, as well as on the job. As you demonstrate success, there will be opportunities for advancement within our organization.
As a Universal Teller, you will:
- Work as an individual contributor at a steady, even pace without a great dependence on other team members to achieve your results.
- Operate in a role that has clear direction with established processes and expectations.
- Provide support and service to others in an environment free from competition.
- Deliver detailed and accurate work by adhering to specific guidelines.
- Be an active participant in maintaining guidelines, structure, and established policies as you work with and for others.
As a Universal Teller, you will have an opportunity to meet and provide exceptional service to a diverse audience. This will include responsibility for a variety of tasks including performing routine, transactional, operational and client support tasks. Additionally, you will work towards individual and banking center specific sales and service goals. Tellers are expected to assist other departments as needed, build a great rapport with clients and fellow associates, while treating others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Desired Skills: Ideal candidates for this position should possess some or all of the following skills:
- Previous banking, cash handling or financial service experience
- 6+ Months of demonstrated successful cash handling experience
- Bilingual language skills
- Passionate and motivated self-starter
- A passion for educating clients on banking products and digital technologies available at the bank
- Strong work ethic and ability to complete work accurately
- Ability to think logically in order to analyze situations and make sound decisions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capacity to work with multiple computer and software systems
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as cash back and percentages
We are a culture that believes that people are our greatest asset and are at the heart of everything we do. We take pride in bringing clarity and simplicity to our associates (employees) and clients. Our decisions are made efficiently, fairly and locally. Our success is directly tied to the communities we serve. It is equally important for us to look through the lens of our applicants and associates to identify their individual needs. As such, we want to share the following:
- We are committed to our core value of meritocracy and supporting our associates in growing within their role
- When completing certain tasks, an associate may need to be able to grasp, push, pull, lift, bend, raise and hold hands and arms overhead.
- An associate must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary (typically no more than 5%).
Incentive and Benefits:
In addition to your financial compensation, we also offer a generous benefits package that includes insurance, 401k, an associate stock purchase program, paid time off, associate banking perks. For more information about the benefits offered click here.
If this is what you believe in, then you’re definitely right for us. Consider making an investment in us, so that we may invest in you and your bright future.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
The Bank's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. The Bank is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4250 E Fairview Ave, Meridian, ID 83642, USA