Credit Management - Credit Analyst (RCB)
It starts with our culture ...
Common sense has never been common.
If it were, the world would be a different place. Things would run smoothly and on time. People would do what they say and say what they do. Everything would be fair, without all the small talk. And banks would only sell you what you need. When a banker looked at a client, they wouldn’t just see a number, they’d see a dad or a mom or a graduate or a business owner. Our Bankers understand the complexities of people’s lives and offer simple solutions.
That's the basics of Relationships. Fairness. Simplicity®. When you choose our Company, you have an opportunity to make an impact beyond the walls of our buildings.
We have a long-standing commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. Through our banking relationships, investing, grants, and volunteerism, NBH Bank promotes the growth, revitalization and sustainability of the communities we serve. We believe that these are important elements in building and sustaining a successful organization and a positive, results-driven culture. We strive for all of our associates to feel welcome and empowered at work.
This type of position is ideal for someone looking to build a career in financial services. We will provide you training and coaching throughout your onboarding experience, as well as on the job. As you demonstrate success, there will be opportunities for advancement within our organization.
As a Credit Analyst I, you will create and interpret financial spreads, policy ratios, global cash flow statements and Commercial Real Estate analysis with minimal help, create the Scope of Review worksheets to begin the credit analysis of new credits, renewals and annual reviews, and interpret and summarize appraisals, organizational documents and loan documents. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including creating the Credit Approval Submissions on pending credits for the Approval Officer and Senior Approval Officer, monitoring of covenants and borrowing bases, and assisting Senior Approval/Approval officers in performing pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends. As the Analyst, you will assist the Senior Approval/Approval officers in gathering data from clients, internal and outside sources; prepares spreadsheets and analyzes financial information including financial statements and tax returns; contacts clients for additional information and clarification of data, and assist the Approval officers in gathering data from clients, internal and outside sources; prepares spreadsheets and analyzes financial information including financial statements and tax returns.
Additionally, are expected to compile data from credit bureaus, conducts industry reports and peer comparisons, and performs cash flow analyses and other such tasks and comparisons, and inform Relationship Managers when up-to-date financial statements are needed for commercial accounts; ensures credit inquires and UCC filings are researched to determine credit worthiness and appropriate collateral positioning are achieved. You will develop knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition, convey this knowledge in a written format, summarizing specific to the Credit being analyzed, build a great rapport with clients and fellow associates, and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
All associates are expected to maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position.
Minimum Requirements: To be considered for this position, you must possess the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance, accounting, related discipline or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Basic experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Basic knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate and consumer loan processing.
- Direct regulatory or credit risk management experience.
Desired Qualifications: To be considered an ideal candidate, you should possess some of the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree or certification related to field.
Skills and Abilities:Below is a general list of desired skills and abilities; this is not an exhaustive list.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal loan regulations and other Bank lending policies.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and members of the general public.
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic math skills; calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Ability to deal with normal problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
We are a culture that believes that people are our greatest asset and are at the heart of everything we do. We take pride in bringing clarity and simplicity to our associates (employees) and clients. Our decisions are made efficiently, fairly and locally. Our success is directly tied to the communities we serve. It is equally important for us to look through the lens of our applicants and associates to identify their individual needs. As such, we want to share the following:
- We are committed to our core value of meritocracy and supporting our associates in growing within their role
- When completing certain tasks, an associate may need to be able to grasp, push, pull, lift, bend, raise and hold hands and arms overhead.
- An associate must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary (typically no more than 5%).
- Flexible scheduling with an opportunity to work remotely as business needs allow.
In addition to your financial compensation, we also offer a generous benefits package that includes insurance, 401k, an associate stock purchase program, paid time off, associate banking perks. For more information about the benefits offered click here.
If this is what you believe in, then you’re definitely right for us. Consider making an investment in us, so that we may invest in you and your bright future.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
The Bank's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. The Bank is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Pay Type Salary
- 215 W 2230 N, Provo, UT 84604, USA
- 226 W 2230 N, Provo, UT 84604, USA