Senior Commercial Relationship Manager
It starts with our culture ...
Common sense has never been common.
If it were, the world would be a different place. Things would run smoothly and on time. People would do what they say and say what they do. Everything would be fair, without all the small talk. And banks would only sell you what you need. When a banker looked at a client, they wouldn’t just see a number, they’d see a dad or a mom or a graduate or a business owner. Our Bankers understand the complexities of people’s lives and offer simple solutions.
That's the basics of Relationships. Fairness. Simplicity®
When you choose our Company, you have an opportunity to make an impact beyond the walls of our buildings.
We have a long-standing commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. Through lending, investing, grants, and volunteerism, our Company promotes the growth, revitalization and sustainability of the communities we serve. We believe that these are important elements in building and sustaining a successful organization and a positive, results-driven culture. We strive for all of our associates to feel welcome and empowered at work.
This type of position is ideal for someone looking to build a career in finance. We will provide you training and coaching throughout your onboarding experience, as well as on the job. As you demonstrate success, there will be opportunities for advancement within our organization.
This job requires connecting with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. The use of persuasive communication skills to gain the interest and involvement of others in the work process is an important aspect of the job. An extreme sense of urgency is needed, combined with getting work done in complete, accurate detail and in accordance with company standards and policies. The motivation for this position comes from a strong sense of duty and a feeling of responsibility for completing work both quickly and correctly. A faster than average work pace is necessary combined with impatience for results. Follow-up of delegated work must be very thorough. Decision making will be done with the ideas and advice of others, but always carefully and cautiously within the guidelines of established company policy. Selling ideas to others and the ability to train, teach and motivate a team are strong aspects of this position. Change is an ongoing occurrence of this job and will be approached conservatively and with the support and guidance of management.
As a Senior Commercial Banking Relationship Manager, you will ensure the overall success and growth of an assigned portfolio by deepening relationships of existing clients and through the acquisition of new clients, while cross-sell loans, depository and Treasury Management products to new and existing bank clients. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including reviewing the client’s credit needs, designing solutions, negotiating credit terms, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications with the client. You will manage the existing portfolio of clients and monitor client relationships for compliance with credit standards, as well as updating financials, maintaining insurance on bank collateral and reviewing loans for accurate grades, and handle relationships. Additionally, Senior Commercial Banking Relationship Managersare expected to provide financial advice and counsel to clients and prospective clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment and general banking trends, review loan documents to ensure that they are in accordance with the Loan Policy and with banking laws and regulations, maintain compliance with all Federal and State regulations, including laws, rules and regulations dealing with safety and soundness, consumer protection and privacy and non-discrimination, build a great rapport with clients and fellow associates, and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
All associates are expected to maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Minimum Requirements: To be considered for this position, you must possess the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field or combination of education and work experience.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Good managerial, communication and sales skills
Desired Qualifications: To be considered an ideal candidate, you should possess some of the following qualifications:
- MBA or master’s degree in business
- 7+ years of Commercial or Specialty banking experience
- 5+ years of commercial credit experience
- Strong communication and sales skills.
Skills and Abilities: Below is a general list of desired skills and abilities; this is not an exhaustive list.
- Strong business development skills as well as an overall understanding of credit and business finance.
- Strong networking skills and participation in networking events in the market area
- Competent in the operation of standard office equipment including computer, fax, ten (10) key calculator and phone.
- Competent in the use of standard office software including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Solid knowledge of banking policies, regulations and compliance issues.
- Solid ability to analyze financial statements.
- Solid knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build peer and/or team cohesiveness to deliver the full complement of bank products and services
- Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues.
- Office setting with traditional hours.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
- Must be able to work extended hours to the extent necessary.
- Must be able to travel to the extent as necessary
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
The Bank's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. The Bank is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Hillcrest Bank
- 4250 E Fairview Ave, Meridian, ID 83642, USA