Application Architect II
At our Bank, we believe common sense is more than just banking. We believe in finding financial solutions that cater specifically to our client’s needs.We are looking for talented associates who understand the complexities of life and will offer simple solutions that best fit the needs of our clients.
If this is what you believe in, then you’re definitely right for us. And, we might be the right bank for you.
The focus of an Application Architect centers around producing timely results that are high quality and accurate. Benefiting from an analytical, inquiring and critical mind, this job requires imagination and strong problem solving skills, but with a strong technical orientation. The job requires an ability to deal with abstract concepts, systems and ideas and all of that in an organized and self-disciplined way. This job demands deep knowledge and expertise and to do it successfully depends on understanding detailed information. Intellectual confidence is important in this job and to do it well requires close, hands-on involvement, careful follow-up and very disciplined, and limited, delegation. Central to this job is the need to weigh all decisions carefully and thoroughly, based on expertise in order to avoid unpredictable risk. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including developing and maintaining programs for data exchanges and interfaces with external systems, coordinating format requirements for data interfaces with mission critical systems, and assisting the systems, network and security teams as needed, with primary focus on applications. You will participate in coordination of disaster recovery planning and preparation, demonstrate user-centered service philosophy, and assist in developing steady service improvement.Additionally, Application Architects are expected to analyze system logs to identify potential issues with computer systems, drive process improvement, write documentation and educate users on functionality, build a great rapport with clients and fellow associates, and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
As an Application Architect, you willact as a communication bridge between both internal departments and external groups (between vendors as needed or between the vendor and internal departments).You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including the following:
- Develop and maintain configuration procedures
- Advancement Services (develop and implement technology solutions to support business processes)
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks while considering entire application ecosystem and impacts
- Assists senior architects with special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for Senior Management, audits and other personnel
- Assists in administration of multiple systems:
- Completes assigned responsibilities in the development of administered systems projects
- Resolve system testing and user-acceptance testing issues
- Assist in implementing configuration changes or enhancements as required
- Contribute to and maintain system standards (system performance tuning and troubleshooting)
- Assists in creating, changing, and deleting user accounts per request
- Upgrade and configure system software per project or operational needs
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Assist in creating training material and advise as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) during training sessions
- Provide support to management with projects and any other requests for support as necessary
- Enforce and monitor audit control change functions and processes
- Attend Business Administrator Training and all workshops provided by vendors for appropriate systems
All associates are expected to maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Minimum Requirements: To be considered for this position, you must possess the following qualifications.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related discipline) or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in application, database or system administration
Desired Qualifications: To be considered an ideal candidate, you should possess some of the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree or ITIL certification related to field
- 5-7 years of relevant job experience in bank technology or consulting
- Experience working with IT Development, Service Desk and Field teams a plus
- Experience in a multi-site environment
- Experience with web and mobile applications
Skills and Abilities:Below is a general list of desired skills and abilities; this is not an exhaustive list.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions, to consistently deliver on commitments, and assume responsibility for results
- Ability to think creatively and meet challenges with resourcefulness
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects
- Take initiative to research and resolve problems prior to asking for assistance from Manager and ability to make quick pivots with priorities
- Familiarity with Change Management processes, controls, and documentation.
- Strong project management skills
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, service-oriented team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to a variety of audiences
- Hands on software administrative experience
- Ability to provide after-hours on-call support
- Experience in uncovering requirements, conceptualizing solutions, and developing a framework for implementation of systems
- Well developed and proven organization skills with ability to utilize time efficiently
- Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote, Visio, & Access
- Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify approaches or methods to best fit the situation
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write procedures and correspondence, speak clearly to clients and associates
- Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Strong typing skills to meet production needs of the position
- Hybrid setting with work from home and in office options
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours)
- Occasional nights and weekend work required to perform system maintenance and upgrades
- Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary
- Must be able to travel – estimated at 10% to 15% of the time
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
The Bank's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. The Bank is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $83,500.00
- Colorado, USA
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Kansas, USA
- Missouri, USA
- New Mexico, USA
- Utah, USA