Executive Assistant - Minnesota
Founded in 1955, the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with more than 120,000 members. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies.
I. MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
The executive assistant provides vital support to the executive director of NASW-MN. This support includes skillful cooperation and clear, timely communication between the executive assistant, the executive director, staff and contractors, interns, volunteer leadership, members and not-yet-members, and partners; support of the director’s daily commitments and the Chapter’s activities; and coordinated efforts that produce consistent, organized daily business operations. Additionally, the assistant will handle ongoing responsibilities related to communications, sponsorships and advertising revenue, and membership development.
II. BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership & Administrative Support
- Engage in regular communication with the executive director regarding their schedule, scheduling, and rescheduling of commitments.
- Ensure the director has all necessary files and materials in advance of scheduled commitments and events.
- Respond to email and other communications including drafting correspondence, forwarding materials/files, and sending requested information.
- Provide support with board and committee engagements.
- Manage Chapter’s external software and application account subscriptions, including but not limited to Zoom, SurveyMonkey, and Google Suite.
- Remain up to date on changes to existing applications, event, and communications tools, and recommend changes to Chapter leadership.
- Create and deliver invoices and manage receipt of payments from external customers.
- Order and manage Chapter merchandise inventory.
- Research products and obtain service estimates.
- Build relationships and manage financial transactions with print and mail vendors.
- Manage Chapter’s sponsorships, exhibiting, and advertising opportunities, including building relationships with potential sponsors/exhibitors/advertisers and invoicing and taking payments.
- Prepare and send business communications.
- Manage Chapter’s various contact lists.
- Assist in collecting, analyzing, and reporting program evaluation data.
- Manage and maintain Chapter membership lists, data, and dashboard.
- Conduct targeted monthly outreach to new and expiring members.
Social Media & Website
- Manage Chapter’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube), including creating graphics and content for posts, in coordination with the National office’s communications team.
- Respond to comments and messages received on social media channels and through website.
- Monitor social media analytics and develop strategies for optimal online engagement.
- Manage passwords, permissions, and usage of all communication tools, including social media accounts, email marketing platforms, and VoterVoice.
- Ensure Chapter website is updated with current news, events, and announcements.
Marketing & Advertising
- Collect and organize newsletter content, coordinate development with external contractors, and send to members.
- Draft, develop, schedule, and send e-blasts, policy alerts, and other mass email communications.
- Monitor open rates and other email campaign metrics.
- Develop, implement, and enforce communications and advertising protocols and policies. Respond to inquiries, edit and format ads, post ads to various media, and remove expired ads.
- Conceptualize and create Chapter promotional, program, and administrative materials.
- Manage printing of materials for events, member recruitment, and exhibiting, including coordinating with external printing and mailing vendors.
- Deliver exceptional communications and customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with NASW’s National Office to ensure compliance with ADA, brand, and style standards.
- Write content for Chapter letters, mailings, and statements to members and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. MINIMUM WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Timeliness and effective time-management skills to prioritize and organize a complex and diverse workload.
- Understanding of business operations, and ability to plan and manage a variety of business-related services.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong commitment to the profession and NASW-MN’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required, social work degree preferred.
- Macro social work practice coursework and experience preferred.
- If a social worker, Minnesota social work license (complete or in process).
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications, email systems, Google suite, and the social media platforms the Chapter utilizes.
- Skills in utilizing Canva, Survey Monkey, payment platforms, and other tools preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ project management, administrative, and/or executive assistant experience.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, such as volunteers, interns, schools, and other non-profit organizations.
- Results driven: See the big picture. Assist with the development and monitoring of key performance metrics to produce the desired results.
- Strong business acumen: See opportunities and emerging trends, and be knowledgeable about the operations, unique needs, and goals specific to member-driven, not-for-profit organizations.
- Firm and fair leadership: Work with a wide range of staff, colleagues, and members, requiring a firm, fair, and flexible style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others.
- Partnership: Able to build trust internally and externally. Must be highly professional, discreet, and accountable.
- Organizational agility: Thoughtful, respectful communication style that fosters an open environment, enabling thought-provoking discussions and collaborative decision making.
- Perceptive: Creative, intuitively recognize opportunities, and take appropriate action.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NASW policy generally requires that all employees complete a primary COVID-19 vaccination series and receive a booster vaccination when eligible. (Employees are not required to obtain an updated (bivalent) booster, which became available in September 2022, if they received a booster previously, but are encouraged to do so when eligible.) If an offer of employment is made, the candidate, as a condition of employment, will be required to provide documentation (such as a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) showing that they satisfy this requirement. If the candidate does not currently meet this requirement but will in the near future, NASW may be able to postpone the start date to allow the candidate to be compliant with the requirement. Candidates may request a medical or religious exemption for this requirement.
NASW is an equal opportunity employer. As such, NASW is committed to promoting and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. The selection of personnel, including new hires and promotions, will be on the basis of qualifications designed to ensure appointments of persons able to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of their position. The Association will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Association will also abide by applicable Affirmative Action requirements mandated by any federal contracts.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- NASW Minnesota Chapter, 8725 Columbine Rd., Eden Prarie, Minnesota, United States of America