Executive Director - Wyoming
Founded in 1955, the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with more than 120,000 members. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies.
The Wyoming Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), with a statewide membership of 268 is seeking a part-time Executive Director with demonstrated leadership and management skills. In addition, applicants should have a substantial knowledge of and a strong commitment to the social work profession and social work values, with an awareness of the diversity of social work practice. Applicants should also be able to engage, inspire, and mobilize the Association’s membership. The Chapter Executive Director reports to the NASW Deputy Director of Chapter Operations at the National Office and is accountable to the Wyoming Chapter Board of Directors.
- Senior leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards in a professional office environment
- Minimum of 5 years of executive level experience.
- Four-year college degree required; MSW preferred
- Exceptional executive management skills, including the ability to provide oversight for organizational and leadership development priorities, and staff supervision
- Demonstrated budget and financial management skills
- Solid continuing education program planning and implementation skills
- Experience with organizing, conducting in-person, virtual, or hybrid meetings
- Experience in diversity, equity and inclusion practices and strategies
- Strong public policy experience and skills
- Strong advocacy and legislative experience and skills
- Experience in membership services
- Community organizing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with traditional and social media in professional settings
- Commitment to providing excellent membership support and engagement
- Proficient with Office products software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/“cloud” environment
The Chapter office is currently remote but requires travel as an essential function of the job.
The role expects the executive director to provide their own means of transportations to attend meetings and activities throughout the state.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits, including 401k and health insurance.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NASW policy generally requires that all employees complete a primary COVID-19 vaccination series and receive a booster vaccination when eligible. (Employees are not required to obtain an updated (bivalent) booster, which became available in September 2022, if they received a booster previously, but are encouraged to do so when eligible.) If an offer of employment is made, the candidate, as a condition of employment, will be required to provide documentation (such as a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) showing that they satisfy this requirement. If the candidate does not currently meet this requirement but will in the near future, NASW may be able to postpone the start date to allow the candidate to be compliant with the requirement. Candidates may request a medical or religious exemption for this requirement.
NASW is an equal opportunity employer. As such, NASW is committed to promoting and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. The selection of personnel, including new hires and promotions, will be on the basis of qualifications designed to ensure appointments of persons able to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of their position. The Association will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Association will also abide by applicable Affirmative Action requirements mandated by any federal contracts.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $35,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $39,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- NASW Wyoming Chapter, P.O. Box 1575, Laramie, Wyoming, United States of America