Infrastructure Crew Leader - Public Services
South Carolina, USA Req #302
Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Under general supervision of the Foreman, the Infrastructure Crew leader is responsible for overseeing the work of assigned personnel including Heavy Equipment Operators, Infrastructure Equipment Operators, Stormwater Systems Operators, and Infrastructure Technicians in support of departmental activities including, construction, repair, and maintenance of town roads, drainage systems, other infrastructure, and right of way maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads and manages assigned personnel in order to complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Plans for manpower, equipment, and material required to complete assigned tasks
- Keep the Foremen abreast of all pertinent issues pertaining to employees, equipment, material, and facilities.
- Ensures assigned personnel follow safe work procedures and practices at all times; conducts employee safety training as required.
- Assigns work duties to assigned personnel for each project.
- Recommends employee disciplinary action when required and assists the Foreman in the completion of employee evaluations.
- Performs manual labor and operates departmental equipment as necessary.
- Supervises and assists crew with the maintenance and installation of street signs and other traffic control devices.
- Supervises and assists crew in maintaining and restructuring streets, piped storm drain systems, and open ditch systems.
- Deploys cones, barricades, and warning signs in setting up safe work zones that meet SCDOT regulations and monitors traffic conditions and a safe work zone for crew members.
- Operates heavy equipment such as backhoe (with 3-way bucket, trackhoe, front-end loader, tracked skid-steer loader, asphalt roller, bull dozer, and mini excavator to perform assigned tasks relating to construction, drainage systems and right of way maintenance.
- Operates a zero-turn mower, flail mower, slope mower, side-mounted bush hog, brush cutter attachment for tracked skid-steer loader
- Represents the Town and interacts with the public on a daily basis
- May be required to obtain and maintain professional certifications
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and four (2) years of prior work experience in the building/construction trades or public works
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
- Commercial Driver’s License required
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
To deliver superior performance in a manner that is distinctive and impactful to each person served and that establishes a standard for quality that endures for generations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.22
- Max Hiring Rate $29.03
This posting is inactive.
- South Carolina, USA