Transportation Engineer - Engineering and Development Services
South Carolina, USA Req #308
Friday, December 9, 2022
The Staff Engineer is responsible for a variety of traffic and transportation engineering functions for the purpose of assisting the Capital Projects and Transportation Division with project and program management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in managing the Town’s annual Traffic Calming Program and Traffic AADT Count Program;
- Manages the Town’s Sidewalk Capital Improvement Project selection and construction;
- Assists with traffic studies to include safety audits, warrant analysis, and other related studies;
- Assists with selection and potential management of Transportation Sales Tax (TST) and Charleston County Transportation Committee (CTC) projects;
- Reviews and updates Town ordinances pertaining to Traffic Codes and other related regulations;
- Assists with on-going implementation of the Town’s Street Sign Replacement Program, to include preparation of plans in GIS, recommendations for sign removal/replacement, and field evaluations and inspections;
- Responds to citizen requests for information or concerns related to transportation or traffic issues;
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Science and Management with one (1) year of work experience in the Transportation or Traffic discipline(s) or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Currently possesses an EIT certification and will obtain PE license within 4 years.
- Valid South Carolina drivers license.
To deliver superior performance in a manner that is distinctive and impactful to each person served and that establishes a standard for quality that endures for generations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $57,369.00
- Max Hiring Rate $71,721.00
This posting is inactive.
- South Carolina, USA