Procurement Agent - FACS - Procurement
The Procurement Agent is responsible for the development and monitoring of purchasing activities related to the design and construction of road projects and other construction projects for the Town.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists departments in developing and preparing specifications.
- Prepares bid/proposal documents for the procurement process.
- Conducts pre-bid/pre-proposal conferences.
- Conducts bid/proposal openings, reviews bids and proposals to insure accuracy.
- Prepares and presents bid/proposal award information to the Bids & Purchases Committee for approval.
- Leads negotiations with bidders as necessary.
- Prepares contract documents.
- Facilitates pre-construction meetings.
- Performs contract administration to insure that vendors and the Town are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Assumes duties and responsibilities of the Procurement Officer in their absence.
- Manages construction projects.
- Oversees maintenance contracts for HVAC, pest control and other services for Town facilities.
- Balances the daily logics purchase order reports.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Accounting or closely related field with two (2) years of related work experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $24.64
- South Carolina, USA